We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
7 posts
Save Topic
Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Wondering about scenic,quiet romantic lodging at the end of July for just my Hubby and I to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary!

Lake Tahoe has a very fond place in our hearts..we visited several times when we were dating. Haven't been back since...we can't wait to see it again. Our dilemma is that we always imagined when we came back for this Anniversary, we'd have $$$ and we would treat ourselves to Embassy Suites..which I just found out no longer exists..so dream busted. Where else can we stay that won't be bare bones and basic..which is where we used to have to stay back in the poorer days..lol! Now that we can afford to pamper ourselves a bit..please help us! Thanks!

Pauma Valley, CA
Level Contributor
405 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Trip Advisor Recommends Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1798615-d56117…

Level Contributor
32,811 posts
863 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Black Bear Inn is another one to consider. :).

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

The Embassy Suites did not vanish - it is still there but has new ownership and name. It is now Lake Tahoe Resort and still looks the same.

http://www.tahoeresorthotel.com/

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Lake Tahoe Resort - previously known as Embassy Suites - may be undergoing renovation during your visit, so inquire as to that if you decide to stay there.

Also Marriott Grand Residence is very nice. We stay there on our anniversary. We make reservations for dinner at Evans near Camp Richardson and Cafe Fiore on Ski Run Blvd.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

It does not appear that the replier in #1 has actually stayed at Deerfield since the basis of the recommendation is that TA rates it highly. That is no reason to select loding since a 4 star place with loads of amentities can get a lower rating than a motor lodge. In this case, Deerfield is a motor lodge where you park your car in front of your room kind of like how you do at motel 6 etc. Not exactly the romantic ldoging you'd think someone celebrating their 20th anniversary imagines - well me anyway.

Portland, Oregon
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Thanks for your help..I completely agree with you!

Portland, Oregon
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

I've been looking at their website all morning..looks adorable and might be perfect for us! Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

Assume you are talking about Deerfield Lodge?

If you do a street view on Google that beautiful buidling to the left is Black Bear Inn. Across the street and down 1/2 block is both Cafe Fiore and Nepheles two great places to dine.

9. Re: Romantic place to stay celebrating 20th Anniversary in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe