We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

Hi,

my wife and I are planning to go to Heavenly in December this year to check out the slopes.

Neither of us have ever snowboarded before and it's a good chance we never will again. We are therefore going to need to rent all of the equipment, down to jackets, pants, boots, gloves and goggles.

I can't seem to find anywhere that rents out goggles but don't really want to purchase 2 pairs.

Can someone please let me know if it is possible to rent these things and if so where?

Thanks in advance

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

I know Dave's, 4 locations at the lake but not south lake Tahoe, rent's goggles.

tahoedaves.com/frequently-asked-questions.as…

Where are you coming from? Maybe if it's Reno you could stop in at one of the locations and pick up our rentals.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

Thanks. At this stage we will probably driving up from Sacramento. Would it still be on the way?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

It would depend on the weather during your visit and whether renting vs buying goggles and gloves s worth the detour. Dave's has 4 locations. Truckee, Squaw Valley, Tahoe City and Kings Beach.

One option is to drive 80 to 267 south to Kings Beach and then drive 28 south to SLT if you didn't have to worry about snow. You could rent all your gear including clothes etc - many SLT rental places don't rent gloves either.

You can get a clothing package that includes jacket, pants, goggles & gloves for $29 for 1 day and $22 for each subsequent day.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

Hi, can you tell me what i can expect to pay to buy some goggles once we reach south lake tahoe.

Thanks

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

If you are coming from Sacto why not buy them there? There are lot of places to buy around Sacramento and you'd have a big price range. Dragons start at $45 and go up, REi has Bolle on sale now for $25.

There is an REI right off the freeway in Folsom you could stop in on the way up 50.

I'd think for the most part you'd expect to pay in the $50 range in SLT.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

We are actually now driving up from Reno. Worked out better with flights etc.

Is there anywhere we will be able to buy in Reno.

Cheers.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

Well if you are coming from Reno can you go back to looking at Tahoe Dave's?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

that's a good point

Lake Tahoe, NV
Level Contributor
171 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

If you are coming in from Reno to South Lake Tahoe.. a Tahoe Daves will be very much out of the way. I would love nothing more than to send you to Tahoe Daves as they are one of my clients for a coupon/guidebook that I do..

The Powder House which has multiple locations on the south shore near Heavenly.. they rent pants, jackets etc in addition to all the snowboard gear.

It's rare to find a location that RENTS goggles due to hygene issues... and honestly with goggles a good or junky pair can sometimes make or break a day..l especially while you are learning.

10. Re: Ski Equipment - South Lake Tahoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 07, 2012