We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Moz.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Moz.

Hello!

I am looking to travel (with 3 others) to southern Mozambique in early July. The following is what I have drafted thus far, and I am hoping to receive any feedback / suggestions / or even a confirmation that this itinerary is a good balance. My main goal is to incorporate beach time with safari time while not spending too much time on the move:

Friday

-Fly from JNB to INH; continue to Tofo Beach

-Stay in Tofo for about 4 or 5 days

Wednesday or Thursday

-Fly from INH to MPM

-Explore Maputo

-Day trip to Hlane Royal National Park, Swaziland

Saturday or Sunday

-Fly from MPM to JNB and then back home to NYC

ALSO, for those familiar...

1.) What is the security situation in Mozambique with respect to RENAMO?

I assume most wouldn't anticipate any issues traveling throughout the southern portion of the country since the insurgency seems to be focused in the central and northern provinces...?

2.) Would one recommend finding a safari company (i.e. Bushfind) to do a day trip from Maputo to Hlane National Park in Swaziland? Or is it possible (and still enjoyable) to rent a 4x4 and do it on our own?

3 replies to this topic
Matola, Mozambique
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Moz.

There is currently a truce with Renamo and the government. It's holding for now. The problems were only north of Rio Save anyway

Bushfind are fine, but VERY expensive, espcially if you are on your own. Try Maputo City Tours

If you are looking for accommodation in Tofo check out http://www.mozambicanhotels.com/tofo-hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Moz.

Thank you for your Maputo City Tours suggestion! Very helpful!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Moz.

Minimise your time in Maputo

Reply to: 10 days in Moz.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tofo