We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadworks/construction in Kalk Bay

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Roadworks/construction in Kalk Bay

Hi,

I've seen previous posts about the roadworks in Kalk Bay, but they are a few months old now. We are staying in October and have booked an apartment in the Majestic Village.

I'm not too concerned about the fact that they may delay us when travelling - we are on holiday after all. Does anyone know where the roadworks are at now, and whether we'll be impacted by the them, in terms of view from the apartment, and even more importantly, noise? We may need to revise our plans if so!

Thanks in advance.

Heather

3 replies to this topic
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Roadworks/construction in Kalk Bay

I would be interested in knowing this too as they were still there when we visited in February! We had struggled with them the previous two years and decided not to go that way this visit.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Roadworks/construction in Kalk Bay

Currently there is no roadworks in Kalk Bay, it is all free flow traffic now. It used to be at the center traffic light smack in the middle of Kalk Bay. I will keep you posted if it starts again but so far it looks like it will not start for another few months.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

windsor
Level Contributor
55 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Roadworks/construction in Kalk Bay

We went through there twice last week on the way down to Cape Point and there were no road works

Reply to: Roadworks/construction in Kalk Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalk Bay