We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time at Jungfraujoch

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Time at Jungfraujoch

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Switzerland in September and want to see if I can weave a visit to Jungfraujoch into my schedule. I am wondering if 2 hours on top of the mountain is enough. I'm arriving at Interlaken from Geneva around 12:50 according to the timetable so the soonest I can get to Jungfraujoch is 15:22 and the latest train leaving Jungfraujoch is 17:45, leaving me only 2 hours and 20 minutes at the summit. Is it too short to make it a memorable visit? This is the only time I can fit it in my schedule so if I don't go then I won't be able to go at all. I'm not that interested in the ice palace and can skip that if necessary, just want to see the view up there.

thank you very much for your help.

Lakewood, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time at Jungfraujoch

An hour should be enough if you just want to enjoy the view. We made the trip last week. Do check the weather before you go. We were in Interlaken for a week and the Jungfrau peak was covered in clouds for 6 days out of the seven. We had to check the webcams everyday. The trip is expensive and not worth it if the peak is covered in clouds.

Edited: 10:48 pm, May 09, 2013
2. Re: Time at Jungfraujoch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2014