We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of public transport in Finistere, and how to buy ticket

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
653 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of public transport in Finistere, and how to buy ticket

I'm traveling to Finistere in about a week, and I'm going to travel around by public transport.

And that's not the most efficient way of travel between villages in the area but I will have to put up with that.

----

And I'm trying to understand how and where to buy the bus tickets, from Penn-ar-Bed's website., http://www.viaoo29.fr/

And I think I understand but I'm not completely sure,

(combination of the web site, and my rusty french.)

As I understand it, the most economical option for me would be to get a carnet with 10 bus tickets.

Questions:

As I understand it, it is possible to buy tickets on the bus.

(correct me if I'm wrong)

1)

But: Is that single tickets only?

or would I be able to buy a carnet, on the bus?

Also, I understand the a ticket is valid on connecting buses.

But I cannot figure out:

2)

Is there a limit to the number of connections I'm allowed to make?

Is there a time limit for the journey?

This might be a problem since some of the routes I will travel involve considerable waiting time.

Also:

I arrive in Finistere by air, arriving at Brest Guipavas airport and I need to get to Brest Gare routiere, or somewhere, to get a bus to take me to Plouscat which is my first destnation.

3)

Is there anywhere at Guipavas airport where I can buy the Penn-ar-bed bus tickets?

I know that the Penn-Ar-Bed tickets seem to be valid also on the Brest local bus and tram network

but:

4)

Can I buy the Penn-ar-Bed tickets on those local buses?

--

Any other local knowledge regarding buses in Finistere that might be helpful?

Mentioned in this post
Finistere
Finistere
Brittany, France
Brest
Brest
Finistere, France
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
653 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of public transport in Finistere, and how to buy ticket

I'm back from this trip. So I'll try to answer some of my own questions.

There are carnets with 10 tickets, for 15 Euro. And these are valid for all buses except for buses Quimper - Brest.

And, I have seen the carnet's sold on the bus.

But I'm uncertain whether it's possible on all buses in Finistere to by tickets on the bus.

--

I didn't find anywhere to by the Penn-Ar-Bed network ticket on the Brest - Guipavas network.

To the Guipavas airport, one needs the Brest local transport tickets.

Getting from Guipavas airport to Brest, there is a bus, every 2 hours or so, to the nearest tram terminus, then you need to take the tram from there. And vice versa to get to the Guipavas airport.

The tickets seem to be valid for any number of connecting buses, during a day, as long as it is one single journey. I.e. for the return journey, a new ticket is needed.

--

Mentioned in this post
Quimper
Quimper
Finistere, France
Finistere
Finistere
Brittany, France
Brest
Brest
Finistere, France
Montreal
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of public transport in Finistere, and how to buy ticket

Thank you !

This kind of information is always helpful :-)

3. Re: Cost of public transport in Finistere, and how to buy ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Finistere
More Finistere Topics