We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

Caernarfon, Wales...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

I would like to walk from Collioure to Cadaques along the coastal route. I have been looking at various companies which organise this for you by booking hotels and giving you maps. They are quite pricy though and we would love to do it ourselves but I need to find maps which show the route. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Also we only really have 4 days to walk, we are reasonably fit. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,038 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

I'm not sure how good/accurate this is but I just tried Google maps and asked for walking directions from Collioure to Cadaques. It brings up a map and a route. It's about 56km and takes 12 hours.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

My googling came up with this

voyageforum.com/discussion/…

routard.com/forum_message/3271734/topo_guide…

labalaguere.com/upload_voyages/FP2COLC_ft.pdf

randonades.com/sites/randonades.fr/files/fic…

As you do need somewhere to stay overnight at each stage of your hike, I suppose the itineraries given are the best and that you need to find a starting point beyond Collioure to complete your hike in 4 days only. Organised tours will carry your luggage from point to point - a diy will require that you carry a rather heavy backpack.

3. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:53 pm, January 21, 2016
Edited: 3:53 pm, January 21, 2016
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

You can find info on the French side of matters here

http://www.ffrandonnee.fr/

The Spanish hiking association site

http://www.topwalks.net/es/

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

This might help:

http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil

randogps.net/en/france-hiking-gps-po-66.php… - PIC JOAN

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

It is doable by yourself, the trek is very popular and you won't be alone. It is very well indicated and you'll never be very far from a road, a village, the coast and ............other hikers. It is usually done in 5 days (it takes over 20 hours) but you can skip some detours like the Madeloc Tower.

You don't say when you plan to go ; I would avoid July and August, it will be too hot and difficult to find a hotel for the night.

Caernarfon, Wales...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

Thank you everyone for your help, I now have some links to were I can buy maps for the French and Spanish side. We may actually have five days Monday - Friday but we need to be at the airport in Perpignan on Saturday.

We will be going at the end of May so hopefully there wont be too many tourists. It sounds like the path is well marked and easy to follow without maps which is encouraging, I have noticed that the companies do offer a easier or harder route each day so wonder if these paths are both marked and obvious?

We are hoping to travel relatively light so hopefully the backpacks wont be too bad! But it is a plus having a company carry the luggage for you.

Caernarfon, Wales...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

Sorry just realized I am going on the Monday so will only have 4 days unless i start walking straight away!

Caernarfon, Wales...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

Thanks for your answer, do you know exactly how many hours the route takes? We want to go the last week of May.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coastal walk between Collioure and Cadaques

"do you know exactly how many hours the route takes?"

It depends on 1. how fast you walk and 2. which trail you take and 3. the weather

If you want to hike to Banyuls via the Madeloc Tower, you'll spend more time than by the coast trail.

If you want to hike up to San Pere de Rodes between Llansa and Puerto de la Selva, it will add up.

It is usually done in 5 days with 4 overnights, one in Banyuls, one in Port Bou, one in Llança, one in Port de la Selva.