We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of hours in the poconos?

Toronto
Level Contributor
295 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
A couple of hours in the poconos?

We'll be coming along the 476 as part of a quick road trip and are thinking of stopping in the Poconos region for an hour or two to have a nice lunch and walk around and admire the scenery. Never been in this area before, so is there a main centre with cute little shops and restaurants like many ski towns have? Or perhaps a nice restaurant on/overlooking the mountains with a beautiful patio with a view of the area? Thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
295 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of hours in the poconos?

Just figured I'd give an update on what we ended up doing, in case it's helpful to others. We stopped for lunch at Roadies Restaurant and Bar at Penn's Peak in the town of Jim Thorpe.

This was just wonderful ...the view was really beautiful! They've got a great patio outside. Large menu with really low prices and huge portions. We all enjoyed our lunch a great deal. To anyone passing through the area or staying in/near Jim Thorpe, this is a great place to consider for a meal. Coming along the 476, this wasn't too far from the highway, and the scenic drive up the mountain was totally worth it. Loved it!

Edited: 3:15 pm, August 10, 2013
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
753 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of hours in the poconos?

Thanks TravelGal. I travel to Philadelphia or Perth Amboy, NJ monthly, and often am on I-476, or very close to it. One of these times I'll check out Roadies Restaurant. Everything you say about it is perfect.

Toronto
Level Contributor
295 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of hours in the poconos?

Cool. Hope you like it as much as we did! You can check out their menu and photos of the views at http://www.roadiesrestaurant.com/ if you're interested.

Edited: 10:51 am, August 11, 2013
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
753 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of hours in the poconos?

Thanks for the link.

5. Re: A couple of hours in the poconos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Pocono Mountains Region