We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for long weekend trip!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Need suggestions for long weekend trip!

Hiya! My wife and I are planning on going out to the Poconos region for a long weekend in either late October or early November. I know how to get around the area pretty well because I lived there for about a year, but I was going to school and working two jobs in East Stroudsburg at the time...so I probably missed a lot of fun places.

We're looking for lodging, preferably fairly cheap and out of the business areas. BnB's or modernish cabins (sorta on the romantic side without being gaudy). We like lakes, hiking, outdoorsy stuff, but it's nice to know about fun (cheap) shopping areas and restaurants too. We're looking into Jim Thorpe, but I'm a little nervous that it could be pretty expensive.

So far all we've got planned for sure it to go to Bushkill Falls for a day, because I've already been there and know it's going to be fun :)

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it!

-Zack

Pocono's
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need suggestions for long weekend trip!

Zack, I think you should check out Milford. At least for a day trip. It's a cute little town with quite a few specialty shops & restaurants. Look into the Water Wheel restaurant (my favorite) for any meal; rafting/canoe/kayak on the Delaware; close by is High Point State Park (NJ - 7 miles); The Colums Museum (known to have the flag that Lincoln bled on) & Gray Towers (Pinchot homestead) . There's several nice places to stay in town also. What you won't find is ANY franchises in town. Check it out & have fun where ever you go...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need suggestions for long weekend trip!

That sounds like a great suggestion! I'll check it out presently! Thanks!

3. Re: Need suggestions for long weekend trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pocono Mountains Region