We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange

Hi going to Calahonda in August for first time and was wondering if you can exchange in resort or would be better to take Euros.The apartment we are renting has a safe so taking euros would be ok.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,459 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange

There are places you can exchange, local banks and a bureau de change at El Zoco but I take my Fairfx pre-paid card and withdraw cash from the ATM as I need it and use it for paying for shopping and in restaurants as well. Also take my Halifax Clarity card with me in case I need to pay for something big or an item that I would need protection through Section 75 for.

We never take more than around €50 in cash (left over from previous holidays) just so that we have something when we get off the plane if we need it. I

Where in Calahonda are you staying? Most timeshare resorts will exchange money at their receptions but the exchange rate will be far worse than using a local bureau de change.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
38 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange

Thanks for reply we are staying in private rental near Royal Beach,we are all so looking forward to trip.It seems to be perfect for discovering the surrounding area.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,459 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange

there's a bank at Los Cipreses which is on the other side of the road but the exchange rate might not be brilliant but would be a place to get your first exchange.

4. Re: Money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda