We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Delta Mar

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Club Delta Mar

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I don't think there's one for Riviera del Sol.

We're considering Delta Mar for next year. Having stayed at Doña Lola this year though are tempted to go back there as we liked it. I like to try different places but am a bit unsure how up-to-date Delta Mar is. It gets good reviews on TA. Any views?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,267 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Delta Mar

Its part of crown resorts who own club marbella and club calahonda. Have a look on their website www.crown resorts.com - we own at club marbella. Excuse poor typing using my tablet and keyboard is a bit small lol. We love club calahonda in preference to our own resort. Will sort out some info for you when I'm on my laptop.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Delta Mar

Thanks cjb. I've already looked at the Crown website but one of my concerns is how up-to-date the units are. It gets good reviews on TA.

I've also looked at it on Google and it's not very high up compared to say Club Calahonda. We don't bother with a car these days in Spain so don't want to be a long way up the hill. We had such a good apartment at DL this year that we're tempted to go back there. The charges for electricity annoy me though being so high. Do you know what the charges are at the Crown Resorts? The safe is free at DL whereas other resorts charge for it so maybe it all ends up much the same. We liked many of the restaurants around DL too although it wouldn't be too far to walk along.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,267 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Delta Mar

All of the Crown Resorts are served by a mini bus service that you can get to take you down to the bars and restaurants at El Zoco and to get the buses along the coast. They also run at night to take you to the other resorts. We love Club Calahonda (although we own at Club Marbella!), however, not been for a few years and now the Palm Tree restaurant has been updated and the original owner (Antonio) who was one of the reasons for eating there, has left which is a shame but it certainly looks more modern there now.

We love DL, and we manage to keep our electricity bills down to around €18 for the week, we don't have the aircon on, and we only showered in the evening before going out as its heating up the hot water that takes alot of the electricity costs as well, We met someone who had had to pay €300 for a 2 week stay but they did have 6 people in their apartment who were all having showers twice a day and using the aircon all night!

We've not stayed at Delta Mar but wouldn't rule it out in the future, but we'd definitely stay at DL again because like you, we like the choice of restaurants in the area and the resort itself. If you have a look on Facebook at the Dona Lola facebook page (there are 2 - one for the resort itself and one run by owners where some people are trying to sell their weeks and rent them out too so might be worth looking on there for a private let, here's a link https://www.facebook.com/groups/Donalola/

I'm not sure what the electricity charges are at Crown Resorts as we own, we don't have to pay any extra charges.

Hope all this helps.

CJB

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Delta Mar

Thanks cjb. I think we probably will opt for DL again but maybe head along to Delta Mar to have a look and get some info.

We have timeshare to use so will look for an exchange but I'll take a look on Facebook and remember for future. I'm amazed your electricity was so low. We felt we were being careful as I remembered you and others had said it was pricey. We didn't use AC, used the dishwasher only twice (which you didn't I know), used small appliances and the tv at night sometimes. We also showered before heading out in the evening. Our bill was approx €38. My husband does think the fact that the water was always piping hot could be what's making the bill so high. It's a pity you couldn't switch it on and off yourself. There's no way I'd leave a water heater on all day at home because everyone knows they cost so much.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,267 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Delta Mar

We did have the TV on first thing in the morning for the news and OH loves his Eastenders LOL We stayed in a couple of nights because he wasn't well and I had my CPAP machine on all night. Not sure why ours was so low just glad it was. It would be good if you could see the meter in the apartment but as you never know what the opening reading is its hard to judge if you are overcharged or not. Week before at Villacana it was around €15 but it was a smaller apartment.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Delta Mar

I think I'll ask for a reading at the start next time. They must be able to give that. It shouldn't matter what size the apartment is. If there are only 2 of you you're using the same amount of electricity whether it's a 1 or a 2 bedroom. Some resorts charge a set amount based on the size of the apartment (which I prefer) but when it's a meter I don't think it does.

7. Re: Club Delta Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, November 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda