We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

Hi,

We are staying in Calahonda between 25/9 and 2/10. Looking for nice family restaurant which caters for young children to celebrate my 30th birthday. The are 9 in our party (4 adults and 5 kids aged between 1yr and 4yrs). The adults like lamb and fish, kids are happy with chicken, rice and chips.Any restaurant recommendations in the above locations.

Nav

PS. What's the weather like end of Sept ?

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

So from the wasteground car park you walk towards the marina and the beach just east from there ?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,518 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

You walk down towards the beach which is directly in front of you and you turn left and walk past Andy's Beach Bar and the marina is a couple of hundred yards along the beach on the left (you have to walk through a little side walkway to get to it).

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,792 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

There are beaches at both sides of the marina.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

Yes, and it would be fair to say that the Spanish opt for the beach east of the marina, while the tourists don't know it's there and follow the crowds to the beach on the other side. More facilities there and ideal for toddlers.

And, yes, while you can make your way to the west beach below the car park, you might not choose to do so with young ones in tow. Stick to the pavements.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

The east beach has more facilities and is better for toddlers ? Any parking closer to the east beach i.e on Av. de Espana ?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,518 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

I think its probably best to explore the area and make up your own mind. We have seen lots of Spanish families walking down from the car park to the beach by Andy's Bar and there are boardwalks to save walking on the hot sand. We have gone this way for some time now, as parking in the marina itself, which used to be easy, is now more difficult as they have parking restrictions and I'm sure it costs to park there now.

Have a look on google earth street view and you will get an idea of where things are in relation to the parking etc.

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

Thanks for all the input guys. Hope the weather holds out as i've checked a 14 day forecast and there looks be some rain during our stay. Do showers last a long time or they generally brief this time of year ?

18. Re: Family restaurant in Cabopino, Calahonda or Fuengirola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda