We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calahonda Bars & restaurants 2013

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Calahonda Bars & restaurants 2013

Have heard a few things recently about some bars in the Sitio de Calahonda area, especially along by Dona Lola. Apparently some have been flouting the rule about when to stop the music/entertainment in the bars and so have lost their entertainment licence. Ray's has now changed its name to Ridgeways and has new owners and apparently the licence lapsed when he moved on. Dempsey's have had lots of complaints from local residents so its licence was apparently revoked (I will double check this).

I have also been told that Dave and Lisa have closed Harley's bar down near Camping Los Jarales and now run Oscars (by Dona Lola). We enjoyed our visits to Oscars when we were there last, good drinks, entertainment and free wifi and great staff so will be interested to see what its like with the new owners.

If anyone has been in the last few weeks and can update on any of these it would be good to know. I'll be there on 7 September so will do an reccy and update when I get back.

CJB

1. Re: Calahonda Bars & restaurants 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda