We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which complex

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which complex

Having just returned from our two week stay in Bonita Hills at the top of Calahonda we are busy planning our week away in October and decided to return to the same area but nearer the bottom part of Calahonda.

I have seen a few apartments which are : On the Miraflores Golf Resort, one near the Le Cipress Centre, one near the El Zoca Centre and a couple in the Riveria Sol part. I also have my eye on one on the other side of the road near the Royal Beach Restaurant, apparently the apartments are right on the beach near the MacDonalds. I know where the Dona Lola Complex is but not famialiar with the other one, its apparently the next turn off going towards Marbella.

We will have a car and I guess any of the apartments I have my eye on will be oaky - its not important for us to be within walking distance but we dont want to be a 15 mins drive away.

Any help anyone can give me on the apartment on the Royal Beach place would be great.

Oh I do like the look of the Dona Lola Complex but to be honest for a one week stay its a bit out of our price range bearing in mind we have just had two weeks in a really luxurious apartment.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,784 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which complex

The other Macdonald's resort (not the golden arches one!) is Leila Playa and that is just across the road from Los Cipreses. We've stayed there, its small but really nice. Although we own a timeshare at Crown Resorts Club Marbella (at the top of the strip) we exchange into Macdonald's resorts when we go for at least one of our weeks. We love Villacana (up near Estepona), Leila Playa is really nice but we tend to stay at Dona Lola because its closer to the action in Calahonda.

Club Calahonda (part of Crown Resorts) is also a nice resort but not on the beach unfortunately. Miraflores is across the road from the beach - which is rocky and not much sand. We've not stayed there so it might be worth looking at the reviews. Several timeshare companies have apartments there plus there are private lets too.

There is a block of apartments near to Royal Beach which used to be called Marbellamar, not sure if its changed names recently (or whether that was Club Algaida?). It was OK, but when we went it was April so the beach bar wasn't open yet and there was nothing to do on site - the people we rented from had left plenty of games in the apartment if we got stuck inside and had lots of channels on the tv if we needed it.

Up at Riviera Sol there are a couple more Crown Resorts apartments - Club Caronte, Delta Mar, Riviera Sol. Also up the hill there is what was the Aztec Country club but not sure if its changed its name, which has its own apartments plus is the main reception for other small blocks in the area.

Hope this all helps, glad you enjoyed your stay in the area and want to visit again. We go back at least once every two years because we feel so at home there.

2. Re: Which complex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda