We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions decisions

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Decisions decisions

Can anyone give me advice on two resorts in Calahonda. We are going next May and have in mind staying in Calahonda - I have so far narrowed it down to 2 places. One is a really nice penthouse in the Princess Park complex and the other is a raised ground floor with direct access to the swimming pool in Bonita Hills. Both apartments are luxuriously furnished but they are like chalk and cheese.

I cant decide whether a pool access is better than a penthouse view?

Help please

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decisions decisions

I can understand your dilemma - the views and tranquility of a penthouse vs the ease of access and convenience of ground floor pool access. I would say it depends on what you are going on holiday for - if it's a family with kids then direct pool access has to win. But if you are going to relax and get some "us", "me" time or whatever then the penthouse would win.

Also, Bonita Hills is a bit of a trek from the centre of things and Princess Park is too so you would need to hire a car and factor this into your plans.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,763 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decisions decisions

Both have their advantages and the views from the penthouse will be stunning but for me they are too far from the centre of things (as Welshlily says).

Have a look at the other threads on this forum where I've given links to various websites with details of things to do in the area and the local shops etc. With the general down turn in Spain this past year there may be changes to some of the bars and restaurants but i'm sure that you will find lots of places to eat and be entertained.

Hiring a car will be a good idea as they will give you the opportunity to visit places further afield. Although there is a little tourist train that goes up and down the hills during the day it doesn't go at night so to get to the restaurants and bars you will need to either drive yourself down or get a taxi both ways.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decisions decisions

Hi Ceejay

I think I have already posted that we have now booked for the apartment in Bonita Hills and we are aware of it being in the hills so to speak. I see that there is a restaurant nearby called Miey ey ???? but since we are hiring a car distances down to the "hub" of things wont be a problem and as you said before we can always get the little train down - and a taxi back.

Am I right in think it will take about 10 minutes by car down to say El Zoco? Both of us will be able to drive and I am not fussed whether I have a drink or not.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,763 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decisions decisions

Hi

Yes, its around 10 mins, don't know the restaurant you mentioned but the ones down at El Zocco are fine, also if you go down and under the main road across to Dona Lola there are quite a few nice bars and restaurants over there too. You could park in El Zocco and walk over if you are going to drink and then walk back to the taxi rank to get the cab back up the hill.

Definitely recommend La Mandaragora in El Zocco and Meson Dona Lola over the road to eat at and The Palm Tree at Club Calahonda (a bit of a detour but has good food and entertainment).

Hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decisions decisions

I wouldent stay in pricess park way to far away and most of them are not occupied.best apartments are alarife and el Puente right next to miel y nata

6. Re: Decisions decisions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda