We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We are going to the Bocelli concert on 12 July 2012 and wondered where is the best place to stay for 4 nights. Would we be better staying in Lajatico itself or the surrounding areas (Volterra etc)? My husband and I are travelling with my elderly (but able) parents but we dont want to drive to the concert (although we will have a car for our duration in Tuscany). Reading some other posts we wondered how long it takes to get a shuttle to and from the concert if we were to stay in one of the surrounding areas so thought staying Lajatico itself would solve this. But then again would we would be able to walk to the concert if we stay in Lajatico or it is out in the middle of nowhere? Any advice would be much appreciated.

18 replies to this topic
Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

I have just looked on google maps , it is a bit further down the sp439, you will see a hotel ( sp14 ) that field is the car park !

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
181 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

That's not where I thought it was. Do you know the name of the hotel. Sorry for the questions.

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
181 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Wait, just found it. Right in back of a restaurant "Da Pasquino.

Thanks all.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Ticket collection is at Hotel Da Pasquino , just before the turning up to Lajatico. Hope this helps.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We ended up staying in Orciatico last year and found details of a free return shuttle service from the village to the concert pinned up on a telegraph pole. It didn't say how many places there were on the shuttle so we just made sure we got to the meeting place early and got on board with no problem. This year we are staying in Volterra and I'm trying to find out if there is similar concert shuttle bus, rather than paying the ridiculous prices some websites are quoting.

PS A word of advice for anyone wanting to take alcohol to the concert, make sure it is in plastic bottles as they may try and confiscate it at the entrance.

Richmond, Virginia...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

I am going to the 2014 concert, So, if I stay in Volterra how do I get to Lajotica? Are there shuttles in Volterra? I heard there are not many hotels or places to stay in Lajotica? Help I am so confused?

Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We had our own car when we stayed in volterra , and it is only a 20 min drive, but there are shuttle buses from volterra, from what I remember there is a tourist information centre in the town and you could book your place on the bus there.

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
181 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Diana, We went last year 2013, fantastic, and stayed close to La Sterza. That's by far the best thing to do. Some places want you to stay several nights but keep looking. Stay a couple of nights if you can, pretty country. The reason you stay near La Sterza is because that's where you pick up the shuttle. Park the car and the shuttle takes you to the concert. 10 minute ride. Now the shuttle only takes you close to the concert, you still have to walk a kilometer or so. This is a lifetime experience. Ciao

Reply to: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted