We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beit shea'an tour

ottawa
Level Contributor
26 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
beit shea'an tour

I thought I would give this a try. We are visiting in Netanya, and want to spend two days with one overnight visiting Beit Shean, Tsfat and the Galil area sometime in the next two weeks. Is there anyone who is planning a similar tour that could accommodate two more people? We were thinking of hiring a private tour gude for the two days; as an alternate, it might be possible for us to arrange a tour and bring along a few extra people to share expenses.

I hope that request doesn't violate the guidelines; I'm not asking for tour guides to contact me, but rather people who already have plans for a trip and are willing to have others join them.

6 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,935 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beit shea'an tour

Not so easy to find a group to tag on to. Most people touring are in big groups or those that are with a private guide will be working with their own itinerary.

You might want to get a guide for a day in Tsfat and the Galil and you could go on your own to Beit Shean the following day.

I am assuming you will have a car?

It would be well worth it to hire a private guide for the 2 days. You will see so much more.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,566 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beit shea'an tour

anmejoshme--they do not have a car. This is the couple that was asking about getting from Netanya to Tsfat by public transportation.

btw travelmench--it is not hard to go by bus via Haifa. Take a bus from the Netanya Central Bus Station and switch at at the Haifa one to get to Tsfat. Beit Shea'an is much harder to do by public transpost.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,778 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beit shea'an tour

I was going to suggest that you do this on your own by rental car, but since you don't have a car, hire a guide. It's expensive, but this area is really not practical to visit by public transportation.

Obviously, if you can join someone else, that holds down costs, so I wish you luck with that.

Douglas Duckett

Edited: 7:37 am, February 19, 2012
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beit shea'an tour

Bet Shean may be harder to do now by public transport, but for visitors planning to come in 2016 :

railway-technology.com/news/news112887.html/

Let's hope that it travels faster than the original Jezreel Valley railway :-)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jezreel_Valley_railway

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,528 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beit shea'an tour

"The entire line is expected to be complete by 2016. "

Wishful thinking - now let's hope that they don't hire as consultants anyone connected with the Light Rail project in Jerusalem - if they do then 2016 will be just a pipe dream.....

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,023 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beit shea'an tour

Oreets -

I was thinking exactly the same thing (which we often do) ;-)

However I read recently that archaeologists are already working along the route, an important first step of every construction project of this type in Israel:

archaeologicalnews.tumblr.com/post/8959138053

And some readers may be interested in volunteering for this digging project:

jezreelvalleyregionalproject.com/volunteer

Reply to: beit shea'an tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beit She'an