We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi prices

sheffield
1 post
Save Topic
taxi prices

What is the price of a taxi from skiathos airport to the centre of the town near the harbour please.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi prices

This question crops up regularly and you may get several different answers but as a general rule I would say around €10.

This might seem excessive to people who have managed to bag a taxi at one of the bus stops and travelled further for less but in my experience it won't come in at much under on flight days, I think we managed €7 a couple of years ago but never less.

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi prices

Don't forget the taxi drivers are currently on an indefinite strike so depending on when you travel you may find none available.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi prices

Good point Dr_Cheese01, I had forgotten about that.

However, it is possible to walk from the airport even with cases, pull along hopefully, we've done it many times usually stopping at the Windmill (Milos) for a refresher on the way :)

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi prices

When did they join the strike? We had no problem getting a taxi from Megali Ammos to the airport on Friday (13 euros)

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,596 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi prices

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189499-i809-k46…

There's some info posted here by SkiathosLover1 .. our man on the spot :)

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi prices

Interesting. I can only report that we got a taxi from town every evening last week. There were reports on the television that the strike was affecting people in Athens, Thessaloniki, etc but we saw no evidence of the strike in Skiathos up to the time we left on the 29th

7. Re: taxi prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Agia Paraskevi