We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha

gainesville, fl
9 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha

Hello! How can we find out about bus schedules (and cost)from both Nanchang (jiangxi)or Changsha (Hunan) to Fengxin and Tonggu (both cities in Jiangxi)? Also once there what is the best way to get around? Our Chinese is limited. Also any chance of finding a guide in such remote places? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Guangzhou, China
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha

From Nanchang 南昌 to Fengxin 奉新:

1. 南昌洪城客运站 Hong Cheng Ke Yun Zhan, Hong Cheng Bus Station, a bus every 20-40 minutes from 7:10 - 18:30, 26 RMB

2. At Nanchange Tran Station there are also buses to Fengxin. The vans in front of McDonalds are private illegal.

A taxi from Nanchang to Fengxin is around 200 RMB.

From ChangSha you can either take bus/train to Nanchang, and from there bus to Fengxin.

At Changsha train station there are private vans to Fengxin, price and time vary.

From Changsha East Bus station 长沙汽车东站 there is one bus per day to Fengxin, some says departs at 7, while some says departs at 9. Call them and check 0731 8556 6604

Not sure about local transportation. Don't know but could be difficult to find a local English speaking guide

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha

Agreed with post#1 on Nanchang- Fengxin that at Hong Cheng Bus Station, a bus every 20-40 minutes from 7:10 - 18:30, ¥26~¥30pp.

Below is addition info;

Nanchang- Tonggu: at Nanchang railway station square, hourly buses departure from 07:20~16:20, ¥80pp

Changsha (Changsha East bus station) - Fongxi: bus departure at 07:00 daily, ¥110pp

Changsha (Changsha East bus station)- Tonggu: bus departure at 08:00, 14:00 & 16:40, ¥60~¥65

gainesville, fl
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha

Hello lyoo and chinaloveland, I wanted to make sure you received my reply of gratitude. I sent it as soon as I received your responses on 2/16/2014. But I don't see my reply here, so I am sending it again. I want to thank you both for such your speedy replies and for going through the trouble of getting the information to me. It is very much appreciated! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha

You're

Reply to: Getting to Fengxin and Tonggu from Nanchang or Changsha
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fengxin County