I posted a few months back and got a great suggestions from the forum. Now we are on the eve of departure and I know additional details like weather forecast, dates grandparents joining us, etc. so I'd love help with some last decisions. Thanks in advance.
- Family of 4: daughter 10 and son 12
- We've rented a house in Hershey for the week (Friday 4/11-Friday 4/18)
- We want to spend 1 day at Hershey Park (could be Saturday or Sunday)
- We want to spend one day in Gettysburg (could be Sunday, Monday or Wednesday)
- Grandparents are coming Monday night until Wednesday morning - unfortunately forecast looks like rain on Tuesday- but this is their only possible day. We plan to do Mennonite Tour (3-pm) and Dutch Apple Dinner Theater with them on Tuesday - Do we have time to go to Amish Experience with them early in the day for movie, tour, school/house, buggy ride? Will that appeal more to the kids? (would have to move Kettle Kitchen, Sturgis pretzel factory, Lancaster Central Market)
- Have tickets to Sight and Sound for Thursday afternoon
- where would Landis County Museum fit best?
Friday 4/11 Drive to Hershey
Dinner: Miss Saigon or Chocolate Avenue Grill (114 West Chocolate Ave.)
Saturday 4/12 Hershey Park 10-9 (could switch this to Sunday? Saturday open later, but likely to get chilly)
Lunch – in the park
Hershey chocolate world - does this make sense for the same day as park?
Dinner near park: Fenicci’s (kids menu)
Sunday 4/13 (Could also potentially do Hershey Park or Gettysburg this day)
- Renningers Adamstown Antique Market – open 4:00am, 7:00 am latest (mom only)
- Wolves Lititz 11:30 for 12:00 tour - (We've been to other wolf preserves - so could skip)
- Lunch – Oregon Dairy (Lititz) open 12-2
- ? The Amish Experience (Bird in Hand, PA) movie, house/schoolhouse, Farmlands Tour, buggy ride (would save this until Tuesday with grandparents if that makes sense)
- Dinner: Lancaster Iron Hill Brewery
Monday 4/14 Gettysburg (could switch this day with Wednesday)
- Visitor’s center/Movie
- Lunch: picnic or Hunt’s
- Battlefield tour (private guide)
- Eisenhower National historic Site
- Schriver House
- National cemetary
- Dinner –Dobbin House Tavern (Spring House)
- ? ghost tour - ? worth it, does not work well Monday night since grandparents arrive that night
Tuesday 4/15 (Lancaster with grandparents)
- Sturgis Pretzel House - should we try to get there?
- Riehls Quilts and Crafts, on East Eby Road
- Countryside Road Stand on Stumptown Road.
- Kitchen Kettle Village (early lunch) - ? worth a stop?
- Central Market Lancaster
- Mennonite Historical Society guide 3-5pm
- Dinner: Dutch Apple Dinner Theater: 6:00 dinner; 7:30 show
Wednesday 4/16 some down time: hiking, time near Hershey, outlets
- Dinner - Hershey Pantry – kids eat free 4-9pm
Thursday 4/17 Lancaster
- ? Verdant View Farm (1 ½ hours) - farm tour, farm experience
- ? Abe’s Amish buggy ride
- Sight and Sound Theater (get there at 2:00)
- Dinner: Dienner’s
Friday 4/18 breakfast in Hershey
- Ephrata – Cloister (tours 19, 12, 2, 3:30), Green Dragon farmers market; lunch
- drive home