We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions on Curacao

Which Sabana Westpunt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
questions on Curacao

I plan to go to Curacao in October, what can I expect when it comes to weather.

I am staying in a rental with a full kitchen, are there markets to buy locally caught seafood? How is the supermarket can I get everything?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions on Curacao

I got engaged in Curacao during October 3 years ago. The weather was terrific. It was warm but not terribly hot and humid.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions on Curacao

You can get mostly everything at the supermarkets. There is a seafood market but I can't remember where, it's next to a bakery.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions on Curacao

The one next to the bakery closed. I think it moved to the Zuikertuintje complex right behind the Pharmacy. Both centrum piscadera as centrum mahaai supermarkets sell fresh and everything else you might need from a supermarket.

At different points on the island you can find fish just brought in from the sea. You see them selling fish at different points on the streets. Also at caracasbay you can buy fish straight from the fisherman.

Portland Oregon
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: questions on Curacao

We are going in October as well (we bought our tix this morning). Are you going to be there for the coral spawning (oct 14-18 I think)?

I am on here looking for restaurant info as well. :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: questions on Curacao

October weather can be a mixture of dry and rain. It is the start of our rainy season, so if a storm is around, it could come down in buckets, but pass quickly. It usually rains in the evenings, though you could have a bad rainy day - just means you tour a museum or art gallery :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: questions on Curacao

We were there last October and the weather was fantastic. One day, mid-afternoon we had a rainstorm that dumped 300 gallons of water a second (hahaha) for about 10 minutes, then it was done. The sun came out and you wouldn't know it had rained.

One evening we had a wicked thunder and lightening storm. Huge boomers, lots of electricity - it was amazing. Not much rain tho. That was it for the 2 weeks..... otherwise it was hot, hot, hot !

South Salem, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: questions on Curacao

Hello ALL, I will be going to Curacao 8/20/2011 what is the weather like ?

Is there a fair amount of things to do we love snorkling but we can't do that every day, we will be there 10 days Any must do things or places to see ?

Thanks

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: questions on Curacao

Cmonki, have you checked out curacao.com or searched thru this forum yet. Good starts. Plenty to do in ten days.

9. Re: questions on Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:10 am, July 31, 2011
10. Re: questions on Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, April 10, 2014