We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

We arrive Saturday and would like to attend a Catholic mass (any language) Saturday evening or Sunday morning. We will have a rental car, but would like a convenient choice. Any advice?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,497 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Churches - The Dutch side has Roman Catholic churches in Philipsburg, South Reward, and Simpson Bay. St Martin of Tours at 30 Front Street has services Monday and Tuesday at 6AM, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 6 PM, and Sunday at 8 AM. The phone is 721 542 5892. There are Methodist churches in Philipsburg, Cole Bay, Betty's Estate, and Simpson Bay. The French side has Roman Catholic churches in Marigot, Grand Case, and the French Quarter. There is a Methodist church in Marigot. The St Maarten International Baptist Church has services on Sundays at 10:30 am on the second floor of the RBTT building in Simpson Bay. Grace International Baptist Church has services on Sundays from 10:30 am to 12:00 noon in the Royal Pavillion Room of the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort

========================

The church in the French Quarter seems the likely choice but Philipsburg is also just 20 minutes +-/- drive.

Montreal
Level Contributor
128 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

My wife and I went to St Josephs on the hill above the French Quarter on the main road (N7) between Orleans (The French Quarter) and Orient. I think the Sunday mass was at 8:00 AM and was in French and English. The choir was very good and two children and a newborn were christened.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Thanks for the replies, very helpful. This next Sunday we will be in Grand Case. I see there is a church in Grand Case, but can anyone tell me the address? Will we be able to walk there from the Grand Case Beach Club?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,497 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

edsandra.com/esgeneral/GrandCaseReference.htm

===================

Yes, it is a short walk - maybe 15-20 minutes +/- maybe less. (See the link)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

Thanks, that's a VERY cool link!

6. Re: Closest Catholic church to Oyster Bay Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Oyster Pond
Recent Conversations