We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OBBR Questions

Breese, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
OBBR Questions

I noticed on the cam web for oyster bay beach resort that the pool was closed for repairs. Does anyone know if it will be available by October 25? I am a timeshare owner and exchanged for this property and hoping I did not make a mistake booking this resort. Also concerned about rooms not renovated. Is there a concern that I may not get one of the renovated rooms?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: OBBR Questions

Rumor has it that the pool will be completed by October 8th...

I have no info on the rooms....

Breese, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OBBR Questions

Thank you for your quick reply. Sure hoping rumor is correct.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
633 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OBBR Questions

Dawn beach itself is just steps away. Lots of other great beaches on the island, many not that much of a drive from OBBR. The place we stay just the other side of the Oyster Pond harbor has a pool - we may use it once or twice in a 4 to 6 week stay.

Get out and explore, just be aware of the new French side laws for having breathalyzers and other equipment that are suppose to go into effect Nov 1 if you are there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OBBR Questions

I read a recent post about the pool and was DEVASTATED! I gifted a week of timeshare at Oyster Bay for my nephew for Oct. 13 for his honneymoon and this would be terrible. I called the resort this morning and they confirm the previous post - goal for completion in Oct. 7. They say they are offering a shuttle to the Princess for pool use in the meantime but it would be so embarrasing if they show up and there was no pool on their honneymoon. Hoping they stay ON TRACK!! Any updates from visitors welcome and encouraged!

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OBBR Questions

Have a look at the webcam to see the progress...

oysterbaybeachresort.com/the-resort/…

I am also going 10/13 thru 10/20, and expect to be swimming in the pool that week! If I don't see folks enjoying the pool on 10/12, I'll be concerned, but until then, they say they are on schedule for a 10/8 opening.

Regarding rooms, they posted that ALL rooms are complete with an exception:

"We’re now planning for our renovation of the last oceanfront building (29-32)". Have a look at the PDF from their website here regarding renovations and WI-FI...

oysterbaybeachresort.com/island-sun-times-su…

If the pools not open, the bar will be, and there are over 30 beaches,

so no worries!!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OBBR Questions

Thank you for the link to the camera.... THRILLED to see people swimming in the pool today! Looking forward to arriving on Sunday!

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OBBR Questions

Dam -> I'm sure we'll see you there... we arrive on Saturday... Jim and Cathy, Donna and Glen!!! Have a safe trip, and see you at the bar for football Sunday, or in the pool with drinks in hand !!!

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: OBBR Questions

The pool is OPEN!! I am here currently this week and having an awesome time. First visit to St. Maarten. Make sure they take a tour - we used Joyce Prince and had a great time. Had lunch and drinks at Sunset Grill (bar at end of runway). That was my one request to see the planes land and take off. They should have a great time.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
100 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OBBR Questions

Thanks for these updates and mentioning the Breathalyzers is helpful, CkDkn b/c we've never heard of any alcohol-related enforcement in the 3 times we've visited. Looks like we will have a DD on any driving adventures.

Early Nov for the 4 of us Mid-Westerners. Because of all the awesome posts and clarity, we have an abundance of places and venues to visit. Looks like we'll spend some of our trip planning the next trip to SXM.

If OBBR is as wonderful as the postings indicate, we'll include that praise in our review. I know the people who don't emjoy are more likely to post, so I want to bring a bit more balance to TA, but rare is the thread that is tainted with repeated complaints...at least it is rare for SXM.

10. Re: OBBR Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Oyster Pond