We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

Which Oyster Pond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

Going to be staying at Oyster Bay Resort beginning of Oct. Looking for a place to drink late within walking distance to Dawn Beach. Any ideas? Not so much looking for a restaurant but more of a nightlife place that is open til AM...

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

Nightlife open till am in Dawn Beach? Think that's going to be a tough one, I don't think you will find something like that in this quiet, residential area.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

Dinghy Dock Bar - on the other side of Oyster Pond - too far to walk around the pond - have you a car?

http://dinghydocksxm.com/welcome/

You can walk to Mr. Busby's (Daniels) doubt, as Elaine said, they remain open as late as you hoped.

Des Moines, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

That is kinda what I figured. Yes we will have a car but wanted to be able to not worry about driving or finding a cab if we decide to stay out late. Most of the restaurants we looked at that were walking distance closed around 10:30 or so.

I figured I would ask you experts in case I was missing something online. Looks like we may just need to cab it or take it easy with the cocktails. Any suggestions of fun places closer to Oyster Bay Resort that wouldn't be a hassle to drive or cab?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,863 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

There is a water-taxi over to Dinghy Dock but you would have to inquire about the hours of operation. In any event it's a short (land) taxi ride.

Toronto, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

Buy your own drinks and bring them to the pool at OBBR, if you aren't too loud they'll let you stay out there all night long :p

6. Re: Late night drinking establishments near Dawn Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Oyster Pond