We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re Morritts Grand

Hanover...
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question re Morritts Grand

Hi - My husband and I got a timeshare exchange to Morritts Grand for next winter (very excited). I would like to know if they have non-smoking rooms? Also, if I am on an exchange, can I request a room on a higher floor or are they all assigned to the owners?

Thanks much

Sara

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,167 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

Maybe you should direct your questions directly to Morritts

PA
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

I can tell you that, yes, they do have non smoking rooms, but think ralphy57's advice with regard to contacting them is a good idea as far as requesting a particular room or floor, etc.

Also....wait until you try that swim up pool bar and the snorkeling right off shore.....PERFECTION!

Celine

Hanover...
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

Thanks, I will try to contact them and make request. Can't wait to go there - it looks great! Have never stayed in Grand Cayman before, only been on cruise ships there. I will be reading this forum alot in the next few months.

Sara

PA
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

Sara, you are in for a treat! That's how my hubby and I discovered Cayman....cruise stop. We'd been cruising for quite a few years and have seen many islands but none matched the beauty of the water, the kindness of the locals, and the addition of stingrays to snorkel with, turtles to cuddle, some of the best snorkeling we've ever seen and the less touristy East and North End of the island. You chose wisely. :)

Celine

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

We are timeshare owners at Morritt's Tortuga which is next to the Grand. I believe that all the rooms are considered no smoking. I think smoking is permitted on balconies, but never in the rooms. I think they will fine you if you smoke in the condos.

We aren't smokers - except my husband's occassional cigar. But he always smokes them outside and away from anyone so he doesn't offend.

We love it there. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Hanover...
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

Thanks. I did get in contact with Morritts and one of the reps told me that my RCI reservation would not be in the system till the Weds before our arrival so I should recontact him then to make our request. I also read this on a timeshare board as well.

Very happy about the exchange and will do more research when time is closer. Have several trips in the meantime!

Happy weekend

Sara

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
214 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

Sara - we are owners at Morritts Grand, and the rooms are no smoking in both buildings. It's a great property, and I'm sure you're going to love it. We'll be there for a third time in November - let me know if you any advice about the property or the area. Have fun.

8. Re: Question re Morritts Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 30, 2012