We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Point or De Waterkant apartment

New York
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Green Point or De Waterkant apartment

I've narrowed it down to two self-catering apartments and I'd love some advice to help me make a decision. One apartment is on Braeside Road in Green Point; the other is on Waterkant Street. The amenities are nearly identical. (Waterkant has a clothes washer; Braeside has a washer and dryer - that's about the only difference.) I will be traveling with my son and his girlfriend - they are in their mid-20s and will certainly be going out in the evenings. I'd like to be near cafes and shops, and I love to walk so would like a place that would have some close by places to explore on foot. We will have a car - both places have parking - so we don't necessarily need to be in walking distance of everything. Can anyone help me decide?

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Point or De Waterkant apartment

I would say the Braeside apartment is more central. Its close to Sea Point and the Waterfront and on bus routes. Also Waterkant St. is a very long street and it also depends whereabouts the apartment is. If its in the Town centre I would definitely stay away. Waterkant St. is not necessary De Waterkant.

2. Re: Green Point or De Waterkant apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 04, 2015