We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when to visit in 2015...

Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
when to visit in 2015...

Hello all! I am slightly re-thinking my plan of when to book my trip in 2015... i was initially attempting to book in reference to best safari time for Kruger. However, as this portion may only be 2-4 nights, and i am thinking of planning perhaps 7 days in Capetown.. i believe now i should be more focused on Capetown weather.

We have two weeks in 2015... ANYTIME , any month!! its all free.. however i was initially thinking to go more towards the end of 2015 to allow as much time as possible for planning, research, price comparisons etc. However, im starting to think march may be best?

Should i really start planning ASAP and aim for march ( worried more about flight and kruger prices) or maybe aim for november? Or perhaps the experts here have a better suggestion. I completely understand weather is unpredictable .. i would prefer to have warm weather during our trip.

As always,

thanks in advance

Cape Xtreme
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Safaris
Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when to visit in 2015...

January and February, after January 15th.

The weather is great during those two months and the city is not busting at the seams from the holiday season.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
984 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when to visit in 2015...

Agree.

Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when to visit in 2015...

Not January/February as the Kruger floods regularly during this time and it is the hottest months of the year. It is also peak periods so higher prices. Look at April, expect based on previous posts by Kruger DE's the bush is still lush and thus game is more difficult to spot. Weather in Cape Town will be great.

Personally I would look at late September into October. Start in Kruger and then come down to Cape Town. The bush will be dry and game easier to spot, no mosquitoes, although it will be cool at night. This will also give the weather in Cape Town to heat up a little with less likelihood of rain. Also this is the greenest time of the year around Cape Town with spring flowers in full bloom.

Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when to visit in 2015...

thank you all. Will october be VERY hot in october?

Gold Coast...
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when to visit in 2015...

I agree with Lengau

We were in Kruger last October and had great weather, beautiful warm to hot days, high twenties to low thirties, and not too cold at night. There was only a couple of evening storms which we loved anyway, great for photos! And the result was a lush green coating on the ground throughout the park. A great time of year in Kruger. Late November is wonderful too, the baby impalas will be dropping like crazy.

The only problem I see is that it is so far away for you to wait!

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
891 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when to visit in 2015...

We were in Kruger last October/November and it can get hot but if you have a car with air con it is not a problem and the chalets have air con. My husband hates it too hot and coped fine. Cape Town is lovely at that. Time of year, been a few times and if you are lucky you should see whales.

Edited: 12:24 pm, March 30, 2014
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when to visit in 2015...

o.k. you said you want to be more focussed on the best time to come to Cape Town for anytime in 2015. Firstly there its PLENTY OF TIME to book.

The best months for Cape Town are February and March. Having said that this year the end of Feb had heat waves and March's weather at the beginning was nice but has not been that great for the passed 2 weeks. Lovely travel weather and some beach weather but not all beach weather. However its nicer than in November and I definitely wouldnt come in December or the first half of January as its the worst months from the point that Cape Town is packed with tourists and its difficult to get into restaurants and tourist sights.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when to visit in 2015...

we had excellent weather in mid November last year in the CT area.

Previous year was late January ( avoid school holidays and high prices) but run into wet weather, luck of the draw I guess .

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: when to visit in 2015...

Yes Gem it is the luck of the draw. My family were here in November from the States and the weather was good. We normally never have rain in March but we have this year. I was in Tel Aviv in December 2012 and the weather was gorgeous (summery) for 2 wqeeks. This December 2013 we were there and it was freezing cold and raining. Last month I was there and the weather was lovely so i think weather patterns are definitely changing all over the world

10. Re: when to visit in 2015...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 01, 2015