We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or O&O for Christmas 2014

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or O&O for Christmas 2014

Hello, okay, I know it is like ages away, but I can't sleep at night if I do not have my holidays planned out ;-) Summer 2014 is already sorted and now I am looking to December 2014.

We have decided 12-14 nights in Cape Town over Christmas. I have already decided on The Cape Royale for our first week or so, but now am looking for a special place to spend December 24th - 28th.

I hoping to hear from anyone who has stayed at the either Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or the One & Only over the Christmas period. We are family of 3 (our son will be 11 at the time of our stay). We plan to sightsee the first part of the trip so are looking to really relax and unwind on our last few days before heading back to the UK for New Year's. I am leaning towards the Cape Grace, but really would like some feedback before booking.

Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
2,207 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or O&O for Christmas 2014

I would choose Cape Grace. Mount Nelson will be beautifully 'decked out' for the holidays and has the feel of a venerable classic hotel and would be my 2nd choice.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
2,207 Reviews
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or O&O for Christmas 2014

Definitely Cape Grace as first choice.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
2,207 Reviews
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or O&O for Christmas 2014

Cape Grace is lovely. The kids though would prefer the O and O. What made you decide on the Cape Royale and why do you want to change places. The Cape Royale is very near to the other hotels so its the same area. You will probably need to book now for Christmas time as its always packed out. Also CG and O and O are better positioned than the Mount Nelson .

Mentioned in this post
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
2,207 Reviews
4. Re: Cape Grace, Mount Nelson or O&O for Christmas 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 14, 2015