We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Hello: We are travelling to Namibia in November and on our return we would like to stay in Capetown for a few days in a studio apartment. What neighborhoods are fun to stay in? We are looking for something economical (maybe $100 or so u.s. dollars per night??) in a safe area with nice restaurants and accessible to public transportation. thanks so much!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Places that are recommendable will be Waterfront, Sea Point, Green Point, Bantry Bay, Camps Bay and also Mouille Point. Out of all mentioned above, i will recommend Mouille Point, close to public transport, very close to the Waterfront, restaurants and as well as to the City. Have a look @ www.villageandlife.co.za for a nice self catering apartment.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Thank you so much! I will focus on mouille point

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Mouille Point definitely as an option, or maybe the Bo Kaap, which is fun and vibey if you can find something in your price range . Its also close to transport and the Waterfront.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Yes. Mouille Point, Green Point is lovely areas on the beach or close to the beach and other things you want. Kalk Bay is another option. Here's an article explaining or describing some of the areas you may want to choose from http://goo.gl/ZRXJT

Regards

Johan Horak

Verified Cape Town Holiday Accommodation Provider

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Gardens is also a super area to stay in. You can reach a number of shops, restaurants, museums, etc within walking distance. This is a quiet upscale area of Cape Town.

Here is a link to an apartment block in Gardenshttp://www.gardensapartments.co.za/. Here is another website offering apartments: www.capestay.co.za/suburb-accommodation.asp…

Regards

Michelle

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Hi,

If your budget is R925 a night for two people, your best bet would be to rent an apartment through a private person or owner. Capestay (above) has several listings but be sure to check reviews on TA before you rent an apartment and pay a deposit. St. Martini Gardens in Victoria Street, City has some well-furnished units and the location is good.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

hi

sea point is a great location. there are a lot of shops and restaurants and there is the beach promenade as well.

if you decide to stay in sea point you definitely should try the greek restaurant next to the shell garage on the main rd ( i think it is called mykonos) excellent food and great prices . i am sure that you will find something in your price range if you don't have to stay in camps bay or clifton. good luck :)

washington, d.c.
Level Contributor
116 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Thank you all for these helpful suggestions.

Wappingers Falls...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

Hi, I've been reading the posts and was wondering about the area around Wale St. and St Georges Cathedral. I'll be in Capetown for a few days after a trip in Botswana. I've found a reasonably priced 2 bdrm apartment in that area. Any ideas on what to expect in the area. We won't be renting a car so public and foot will be modes of transportation. I'll look around at the other areas mentioned in the previous posts too. Thanks

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what neighborhoods are nice to stay in?

It really is the top of town, near the public gardens and the museum. As far as restaurants go, they are scattered around the area. You can't walk to the Waterfront, where all the activity is, at night, but you can take a taxi. It you want to be nearer the action try the Bo Kaap,or Mouille Point.