We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of Itinerary required

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Review of Itinerary required

We ( my self ,wife, friend and his wife) are planning a 5 day trip at end of march.

Please review my plan and correct me. I may have missed some nice places

We will be staying at Kommetjie.

Day 1: Bus Tour, Two Oceans, Canal Cruise, V& A waterfront.

Day2: Kirstenbosch Garden, Table mountain,Muizenberg beach

Day3: Hermanus

Day4: HoutBay and Seal Island, Cape point,Boulder's beach

Day5: Camp's bay, Constantia wineyards

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
965 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of Itinerary required

Hi I would suggest move table mountain to Day 1. On Day 2 take blue route of bus tour.

On day 5 you can also change it to wine lands. Visit Stellenbosch and surrounds. You can visit Camp's Bay on day 1 or 2.

cape town
Level Contributor
258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of Itinerary required

Hi there, simply for logistical reasons this would be better:

Day one- combine the waterfront and camps bay - they're in the same area. Dinner and watching the sunset from either is beautiful.

Muizenberg, Kalk Bay and Boulders should be grouped together as they are on the same section of coast - I would make a day trip of that. Lovely breakfast cafe in Muizenberg, explore some of the quaint shops in Kalk bay and have.a great seafood lunch in the harbor, and end off relaxing at Boulders beach watching the penguins. Cape Point would be an extension of this same route.

The constantia vineyards and Hout Bay, also, are near to each other, so I would combine those.

I'm not sure when you will be visiting, but if on a Sunday, have a look online and see if any Sunday performances are scheduled for kirstenbosch gardens. Lovely sunset concerts where you can bring along a picnic.

Enjoy!

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of Itinerary required

Yeah, do Table Mountain on the first good weather day. If you snooze you loose.

Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of Itinerary required

I would not go as far as Hermanus. Here is a possible alternative.

From Gordon's Bay take the R44, allow plenty of time as you will want to stop often. As you enter Betty's Bay visit the penguin colony and stop off at the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens.

Where the R44 meets the R43 turn back toward Bot River and apon reaching the N2 turn back toward Cape Town as far as Grabouw. Stop at Perrigrine Farm Stall for refreshments.

Take the R321 through Grabouw and at the Theewaterkloof dam turn of toward Franshoek. Spend the rest of the day exploring here and have dinner at one of the world class restaurants in/around Franshoek.

Would suggest that you stay over here for the night.

5. Re: Review of Itinerary required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014