We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile phone

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
326 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
mobile phone

If i bring an old unlocked mobile phone to South Africa, can i buy a sim card plus airtime easily?

11. Re: mobile phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:08 am, March 29, 2013
12. Re: mobile phone

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:46 am, March 29, 2013
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: mobile phone

I bought mine at Vodacom at Cape Town airport before I collected my hire car. It took 5 minutes & the assistant set it all up for me. I paid ZAR 5.00 on a special promotion which gave me calls to the UK at 6 pence per minute! Calls within SA were absolute peanuts.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: mobile phone

Wow how do u pauy 6 pence a minute nic. It cost me the equivalent of about 1 pound a minute from my S A mobile

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: mobile phone

I was absolutely delighted Diva. It became really useful because I had problems with BA over my return flight which was way over booked for the day after the Cape Argus. Consequently it took several lengthy calls to resolve the situation which I eventually achieved.

Just booked our flights for Feb/ March next year! :-)

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: mobile phone

Ok that's good - how long were you here for ?

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: mobile phone

3 weeks again Diva. The trip was pure magic, as always. Even accidentally bumped into Macsym at Mo & Rose near Robertson. What a small world.

Spent time in Barrydale, Knysna, Hermanus & Camps Bay. I've completed all of my reviews.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: mobile phone

What a small world bumping into Macsym - thats something.

19. Re: mobile phone

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 31, 2014