We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which winery did I visit

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gosport, uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which winery did I visit

Bit left field guys but In 2000 we had a day visiting winery's on a cricket trip. We are returning in January and taking the wives. We visited a particular estate for lunch and all I remember was having a magnificent lunch under a monstrous tree. I know it's really vague but any guesses as to where we were. Think it may have been pretty touristy but would love to return for old times sake!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which winery did I visit

Have a look at these websites, maybe it can help with the memory a bit: www.wineroute.co.za for the Stellenbosch areas, www.franschhoek.org.za for the Franschoek region, www.winecountry.co.za for the Paarl region and also www.wellington.co.za for the Wellington region.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Edited: 2:22 pm, October 05, 2012
Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which winery did I visit

A winery restaurant with big trees

Vergelegen springs to mind - Boschendal another possibility

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which winery did I visit

Hi atlowers

It sounds a lot like Boschendal Estate

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which winery did I visit

As you say it was a bit touristy with big trees I would also suggest Boschendal. Since your last visit you'll be amazed at the vast number of wineries which are doing lunches, picnics etc. You'll also notice a vast improvement in the quality of many of the wines.

gosport, uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which winery did I visit

Thank you all, I have checked out some pictures and think that it was indeed boschendal so thank you for helping solve. Trouble is now, is it best bet for lunch or just a visit and where is best for lunch?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which winery did I visit

There are so many places to choose from and i sometimes recommend most of the restaurants in Franschoek. From the Grill Room, Dutch East, Rubens, Taki's and so many more others and all within the main road of Franschoek. Another of my favourite spots is Bread & Wine at the Moreson Estate on route to Francshoek.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

7. Re: Which winery did I visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 14, 2013