We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rentalcars.com

Kildare, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
rentalcars.com

am confused !! is rentalcars reliable to book a road trip in south africa.don't want to get to Capetown airport and be told theres no such company or no car for me after paying for it. help appreciated

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: rentalcars.com

I just think it is odd that Godbox has posted on four different country forums, all today, the first he has ever done, and all slating Rentalcars.

22. Re: rentalcars.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, October 24, 2013
23. Re: rentalcars.com

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, October 24, 2013
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: rentalcars.com

I used rentalcars.com - they are an agency only, and booked a car for me through EuropCar at Cape Town Intl Airport. Whilst I was really happy with the services of EuropCar - I would never book via RentalCars.Com again - total rip-off. Charged me a bogus insurance that I did not ask for and they refuse to refund. Please watch out for them!

I hope you did not use them - and good luck if you did!

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: rentalcars.com

Hi Willie

I had many weeks of worry after reading the bad reports on trip advisor - which have now been removed. We picked up the car from Hertz without any problem. I did however take out a comprehensive excess insurance in the UK as small print states you have to be insured for the full cost of the car in South Africa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: rentalcars.com

Have viewed all the comments including yours! I was lucky and had an excellent deal recently in Madeira using Rentalcars in the UK and Brava Cars in Madeira. People must understand that rental Cars is a broker only so it seems yo me that punters should, as has already been suggested, check the paperwork and Terms and Conditions of all concerned very thoroughly before the booking and payment is made. My car hire company in Madeira was satisfied that I had paid insurance via Rental Cars and did not try to sell me more provided I paid a 750 Euro deposit for the excess which is what I expected. Some hire companies will try it on to get commission. It is a very dodgy business altogether. Best advice is to contact the hire company at the destination before booking. Even booking direct with Avis or whoever will not protect you from mis selling by some rogue at the counter when you arrive!

27. Re: rentalcars.com

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 31, 2014
Kadmandu
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: rentalcars.com

Very unreliable company with terrible customer service. I can not recommend anyone to ever rent a car.

I rented a car through them last December. When I tried to pick up my car Budget advised me that there is no car available and I have to contact Budget in order to get a refund. Rentalcars.com confirmed that the car was not available and that I did not receive it.

Now after 2.5 months Emailing them constantly I receive the information:

Cancellation fee: US$272.25

Amount Refunded: US$16.01

I did not cancel the car. The car was not available since Budget was booked out.

Also, you can not reply to any Email correspondents. Every time you want to reply to their Emails you have to go to the website again and fill out the contact form.

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: rentalcars.com

Very funny that this person has posted this on 17 different forums and all today and these are the only forum posts he has ever made,

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: rentalcars.com

As a tourist from an overseas you arrive, tired and jet-lagged in a strange new country. The last thing you want is problems with yr hire car. imo using a dotcom company opens you to more risk than using a company that has an office with staff at the airport. The same company all the way through when making yr initial enquiries/reservation. You may save 10% with a dotcom and it may all go as expected... but is it worth it?