We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week Cape Town

Germany
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 week Cape Town

Hi :)

My boyfriend and me will be in Cape Town 7.-11. October - 5 full days

I was thinking to spend 1-2 days in Cape Town directly and then on my to do list there is:

- whale watching

- shark diving (if there are sharks around)

- wine tasting

- Chapman’s Peak Drive, Boulders Beach, Cape of Good Hope

- Maybe Muizenberg and a couple hours surfing intro if that exists

I tried to put together a plan and my questions below:

Sun 07-10-18 - Cape Town (markets, food, table mountain)

Mon 08-10-18 - Whale watching

- (Gansbaai/De Kelders or Hermanus or False Bay?) (2-3 h, morning)

- rest of the day?

Tue 09-10-18 - Shark cage diving

- (Gansbaai) Wait and see if there's Great Whites around (3-5 h in total, morning)

- rest of the day? (Or full day if we don't go for the sharks)

Wed 10-10-18 Muizenberg->Stellenbosch->CT

- Muizenberg surfing beginner intro? (if that exists for few hours)

- Vineyards/Stellenbosch? How do a wine tasting without having to drive afterwards and without having to spend all day in Stellenbosch

Thu 11-10-18 - CT<->Muizenberg

- Sunrise Muizenberg, Penguins at Boulders Beach, Cape of good hope, Iconic Chapman’s Peak Drive

--> I want to be at a nice view around sunset. But I read that the gate at Cape of good hope is closed at sunset, so I guess that doesn't work?

--> So should we do the route south -> north? Or would you say switch my schedule and go north -> south

6 replies to this topic
Germany
Level Contributor
18 posts
1. Re: 1 week Cape Town

Were my questions too complicated? :)

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
942 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: 1 week Cape Town

On that last day, after Chapman's, drive on to Lion's head for sunset.

Re whale watching, you could really spend the whole day just for that. But if you've seen a lot in 2-3 hours, then maybe go for walks in Hermanus, or to one of the wineries, or maybe even to the other penguin colony in Bettys bay.

Re wine tasting - you can always spit so you can do all the tasting you can and still drive.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
3. Re: 1 week Cape Town

Probably too much for just 5 days.

Also, cage diving , Table Mountain and surfing are, of course, weather dependent, so be flexible.

Wine tasting = tasting, not drinking :-)

Regards,

Gavin...

KWV final diploma in Cape Wines

4. Re: 1 week Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, June 22, 2018

5. Re: 1 week Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, June 22, 2018

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: 1 week Cape Town

CT_Tourism you shouldn't be giving a plug for individual operators.

Reply to: 1 week Cape Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted