We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About Cat Tein National Park.

Tokyo, Japan
2 posts
Save Topic
About Cat Tein National Park.

Hi,there !

I am going to travel around central highlight in Vietnum soon and would love to know about Cat Tein National Park.

First of all....How was this NP? Have you seen wild animals? Do you reccomend night safari?How do you consider to enjoy the fullest over there ( ex: stay over night in the NP/ join a tour ..etc) ?

I may go to Cat Tien NP from Boun Ma Thout ..( I know it is not so common going from there...) but will I miss something on the way to get there if I go from Boun Ma Thout because I have heard its very beautiful along R20 going to Cat tien from Dalat ( or HCMC) .So I may change my plan depending on what we can see there.....

Thanks ^^

R

Poole
Level Contributor
18 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About Cat Tein National Park.

We saw very little in Cat Tien. Some wild pigs and a civet and a couple of monkeys. Someone who did the night safari saw a porcupine and civet. They also did the crocodile lake walk - no crocodiles. And I can't remember the drive from Dalat to Cat Tien so it definitely wasn't beautiful or memorable. Cat Tien was our only disappointment in Vietnam. Hope this helps.

2. Re: About Cat Tein National Park.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:58 pm, April 17, 2013
Edited: 5:58 pm, April 17, 2013
Tokyo, Japan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: About Cat Tein National Park.

Dear : AEWpoole

Thank you very much for your information !

sorry you were disappointed with Cat Tien...seems we need to be lucky to encounter wild animals over there..

Regards,

R

4. Re: About Cat Tein National Park.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, June 03, 2016