We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cat Tien Park overnight stay

the Netherlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Hello, We are travelling Vietnam in August. We would like to stay overnight at Cat Tien Park and do a walking tour, etc. We would like to stay in the deluxe tent at Forest Floor Lodge. Has anybody had experience with tour agents arranging this trip? Can I book this directly at http://forestfloorlodges.com ? This seems the best option for us now. Thank you for replying!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,617 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Have you tried the email booking form on their website ?

Ross

the Netherlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Yes - I've send them an email. It's just that I get quoted more than triple the price when I try to book through a tavel agent. Also I've encountered diferent websites claiming to be forest floor lodge. Now I'm confused.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,617 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Yes I can imagine your confusion. If the real Forest Floor Lodge charges $100 a night and someone else charges $33 then I would question the validity of the cheaper sites. As I dont know the area concerned I would wait to see if someone on TA may be able to identify the real thing.

Cheers Ross

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

lordmicha3l sorry to hijack your thread.

We are in the early stages of planning our trip and I was looking at Cat Tien as a possible place to visit for wildlife.

Can anyone tell me what kind of wildlife trips/opportunities there are if we stayed overnight.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Hi all,

I stayed overnight at Nam Cat Tien National Park a couple of weeks ago, although not at the Forest Floor Lodge. I stayed in the park accommodation. Generally speaking, it wasn't worth the expense. The lodge looked much nicer, but the park isn't well kept, and there are very very few animals, except flies and mosquitoes. Over the 2 days I was there I saw 2 monkeys, and on the "night safari" maybe 8 deer. The night safari consisted of 30-40 people jammed onto the back of an old diesel truck, which drove down the road for 10 minutes, then the driver got out to take a pee, then we drove back. There are no crocodiles at Crocodile Lake. The jungle was nice and quite dense but there aren't any signs or anything, so it can be easy to get lost or not find the walking tracks at all. Before I went I found a number of tour operators to be relatively expensive. Even at the cheapest price I wouldn't recommend it.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,617 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Thanks for the up to date report on Cat Tien Park.

Cheers Ross

Shenzhen, China
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Hi,

My son and myself staid at the Forest Floor lodge. We booked through the website www.forestfloorlodge.com. The agencies in HCMC are not willing to book in the rainy season. Picked up by golf cart from the ferry and checked in the tent. Nice location with a very high tide river. The restaurant and bar are great, overlooking the river. Took the short walk tour arranged by the lodge, and is a great start to learn about the species in the park (2hr). Night safari cancelled because heavy rain. The tent is comfortable and nice equipped. Between 23 and 6 the power is cut because the lodge runs on a generator. Food is ok and reasonable priced. The service is very friendly and personal. Next morning at 7 started to walk to the crocodile lake. Spotted a crocodile and many other species. The walk to the lake is nice and spotted 2 families of Makakes. Advice the guide Duyn, he is the most experienced about the park we heard from other sources. Recommend to call the lodge to negotiate the package. In the rain season they should lower prices. But value for money ok. Hire a private driver from HCMC for around 3 million Dong roundtrip.

Danang
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

Hiya

Quick query on how you booked the bungalows ...and the cost per night/per person?

Cheers!

9. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, June 26, 2012
10. Re: Cat Tien Park overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, July 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Cat Tien National Park