We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week itinerary from Cebu?

London, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
One week itinerary from Cebu?

Hi

We have a two week trip, the second week in Boracay (that's the straight forward part). I imagine we want to visit Panglao, maybe Alona Beach area and I definitely want to visit the tarsier sanctuary.

Other than that I don't have a clue whether we should travel around or just base ourselves in Panglao and take day trips. Interests diving (probably one day), snorkelling, wildlife (not the vile zoos mentioned) and of course beautiful scenery and beaches.

Also important is quality accommodation which is a concern as even the top resorts get lots of negative reviews or they're too far away from facilities. We don't want to eat in hotels other than for breakfast.

Any ideas on where to start? Even the guidebooks are a minefield with so many islands mentioned.

PS Hope I've posted in the correct forum. We fly into and out of Cebu airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,890 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

The Bohol land day trip takes a day (Naturally). The proper tarsier sanctuary is near the town of Corella. It opens at 0900 so do not arrive there at 0800!

The Balicasag Island dolphin watching and snorkelling marine day tour starts early at about 0530. Take money with you to enjoy a fish lunch cooked by an islander. The ladies will sell you souvenirs. To get to the reef there is an extra charge of about P150 a person once you are moored on the island.

You could also take another day tour to Anda, where there is a good beach so I understand.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Do you mean islands other than Bohol? I am a bit confused with what you mean because there are other islands in Bohol like Balicasag, Cabilao etc. And there are nearby islands in Bohol like Dumaguete(1.5 hrs away by fast craft), Siquijor (3-4 hrs away)etc. Camiguin is only 4 hours away fr Jagna port by fast ferry.

If you are spending 1 week in Bohol, then yes, you can do daytrips with the tarsiers, diving, chocolate hills and so on. Anda can also be a daytrip but it is in the opposite side of the island at least 2 hours travel fr Alona Beach. Maybe you can break accommodation with Alona and Anda where the beach is truly beautiful and quieter. Alona is peppered with restos and resorts so yes, lots of choices for you. Or you can break your trips with the other islands outside Bohol that I mentioned.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Hi turnkeyfan, when is your trip gonna happen?

London, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Thanks so much.

We arrive on 3rd March for a week. The only fixed element is our arrival flights in Cebu. We like good facilities so imagined we should stay near Alona Beach but there are so many negative reports about it and it doesn't even sound very lively.

I think I need to decide where to base ourselves whether in one place or two or even more. We'd like quality resorts but not isolated and convenient for whichever trips we do. So two stays at Alona Beach and Anda would be suitable and Anda has facilities and we wouldn't be tied to the hotel?

London, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Is it an advantage to stay in Anda? Will we find the beach better than any beaches we visit from Alona Beach or the islands nearby.

Stil not sure whether to stay a few nights in Anda and whether there is better snorkelling and diving here?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Anda is at the South East end of Bohol. So it is pretty far from all the tourist sights.

As for diving, you can refer to this to give you an idea.

http://www.bohol.ph/article254.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

I think it's north east? As it's a long way from the tourist sites that's why I'd like to know whether it's worth the visit and better than Balicasag and the other islands near Alona.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Anda has the best beach in Bohol, IMHO.

With no budget constraints, Anda White is a pretty resort. Otherwise Flower Beach Resort. Give Dapdap resort a miss. And there is a pension house in town if one is on a budget.

But yes, if you stay in the resorts, you are cut-off. The resorts are not really next to each other like in Alona Beach. An option would be to rent a motorcycle so you can have more freedom.

It is a bit far about 1.5 hrs fr Tagbilaran by private car altho a daytrip is possible. Depends what you like.

I would chose Anda over Alona since I like being away fr it all. But if you want choices etc., Alona is the better bet.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

Hmmm, 7 days in Bohol? There are nearby islands that you can visit too as mentioned in my earlier post above.

I would do the countryside tour straight fr the pier and spend the next days just lying at the beach. It can be done fr early morning till around 2pm then you can head straight to your resort.

So 7 days is a bit too long, IMHO. But if you are the kind of traveller who wants to take it easy and stay in one place, no problems there.

10. Re: One week itinerary from Cebu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, February 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bohol Province