We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which El Pescadero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Coquitlam...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

Hi there. I booked a deal on 6 nights in a one bedroom villa at Cerritos Surf Colony. It was on a whim. I realize there are good and bad reviews, but for the price I paid I'm going to enjoy myself anyways. :)

I have several questions.

We will be traveling in a group of 2-3 females. We were quoted $160 per way for a shuttle to pick up/drop off from the airport, so I got a quote from Antonio at Cactus Car for $250 for a week, taxes in and full coverage. Is this a good price? I am also waiting to hear back from a guy named Luis at Budget. Is it safe for a small group of females to drive to/from airport, and also from Cerritos beach to Todos Santos?

The one bedroom units only have kitchenettes. Do they have coffee makers/toasters? Are there plates/glasses/utensils?

The website mentions the one bedroom untits sleep 4. I would assume that means a pull out bed in the livingroom, but you never know with Mexico, there could just be 2 sofas in the livingroom. Does anyone know?

I read on this forum that there if you explore the dirt roads between the beach and highway, there are little places to eat, is this true?

Weather in May? The units do not have a/c so want to make sure it cools down enough at night?

Sorry for all the questions, hope some of you informed people will be able to answer some of them!

:)

Edited: 11:16 am, May 23, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

yes the neg reviews are all true..i live in cerritos..i have friends who come here all the time and everytime they stay at any place in cerritos its a night mare..and yesterday the beach club and the surf colony decided to poisen all the beach dogs..some of them were local owners pets walking the beach..my friends dog was 1 of 7 dead, poisened yesterday over beside the surf colony and behind the beach club at the accesso..stay way from here if you have dogs

Edited: 7:40 pm, February 13, 2013
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

It's fun safe and all yours. Mexico. And the people are awesome. gets a bad wrap. I am a female surfer. On a whim got rental car and accidentally found Ceritos driving from Cabo. Alone, no worries. Awesome place. Going back with boyfriend next week. I have friends who are American and all have homes down there. So jealous. Gonna look at buying this time down. Women should act like ladies. Stay at hotel or together while drinking. Ask for help from staff. Enjoy margaritas on the beach at the bar and chill. I don't camp in Compton like I don't hang in Mexico border towns. Most of the time I feel safer in Mexico than I do here. Have fun. Look on southwest car rentals. I get a small car for $25! Every time. Not driving much but worth just having to go back and forth from airport. Crazy deal. Check it out. Don't need 4 wheeler if your not exploring east cape or off roading. Toots Santos is a great day trip. Cabs are scarce. Just have a designated driver or stay night there on night. You only live once, make it count.

Sutherlin, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

You will definitely enjoy your stay! We just returned and absolutely loved it! Yes there are kitchenettes and the local restaurants are really good. Just look on here, Trip Advisor lists a lot in Todos Santos! The town is a quaint little dream! The nights cool way down, the kitchens are small but have utensils and the staff is helpful :) Enjoy!!

Portland, Oregon
11 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

You will definitely drive safely to and from the airport, and it is recommended to rent a car apposed to taking a shuttle. The rooms are stocked with enough kitchen utensils for the amount of guests staying.

15. Re: Cerritos Surf Colony Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, November 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Pescadero