We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Summer

Australia
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Summer

Looking for a Hotel, just 1 night, September 12th.. Many of the Hotels do not seem to have prices/rooms available at this point in time. Is this because they are closed in September or do they not take Bookings until later? Or maybe they prefer not to book just 1 night. The Hotels that are available seem pretty expensive, but maybe that is the way of Swiss Hotels. I would say double the price of Italy Hotels. Is there a not so expensive town close to Engadine? One Hotel that does have a room is "Piz Hotel" . They do not seem to have parking on-site, where would be the closest public carpark and would it be safe to leave a car with some luggage in, overnight. ? Thank you

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Summer

Hotel Piz has no parking, but there is one just across the street not even one block away (check parking Du Lac). You pay there however. There is another complimentary one in walking distance along the street close to the camping, but you would have to drop you luggage at the hotel first. For safety reasons, do not leave anything in the car, especially not at the complimentary parking as this is not patrolled. The car itself should be safe in both places.

As for hotels, you will find accomodation for one night in September. I don't know where you checked when you say you did not find anything. I suggest you use the booking toole on www.engadin.stmoritz.ch - hotels are more expensive than in Italy for sure but it's everything included in the prize, so taxes and service added at check-out. Almost al hotels except perhaps some 5-star luxurious places are open at the time of your visit. Engadine in a long valley, so I don't know what you mean when you are writing "a town close to Engadine".

Australia
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Summer

Thank you Engadiner.I should have said "close to St Moritz" ,not "close to Engadine". And that website for Hotels is very usefull.

Australia
Level Contributor
331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Summer

Thank you Engadiner.I should have said "close to St Moritz" ,not "close to Engadine". And that website for Hotels is very usefull.

Edited: 8:12 pm, April 13, 2014
4. Re: Hotels in Summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2015