We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which village is the best to stay in -Val Gardena

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Which village is the best to stay in -Val Gardena

I was wondering if someone may help.

We are going to stay in Val Gardena from the end of June for about 9 nights. Which is the best village to stay in - we would like to be near to restaurants and also close to the mountains for activities. All 3 villages look great! Does it make a difference which one we stay in? We are also looking for a 3s star hotel with a pool if anyone has an recommendations

Thank you!

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which village is the best to stay in -Val Gardena

Good day, and sorry for my bad english.

We stay in Val Gardena in the winter 2011 and stay on Santa Cristina, i like it very much and if i can, is my prefer. There is a trekking, chairlift and similar, calm, but life, shop.

Ortisei have more life, shop, "movida" for my more chaotic, all opposite Selva that I look muffled. But this is only my opinion.

About hotel, I don't able to help you, we stay in a delicious Garnì.

Hope you past a beauty vacation.

Romina

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
763 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which village is the best to stay in -Val Gardena

Hello,

Really any of the three villages will be fine. They're all so close together that it doesn't make that much difference.

Ortisei is the largest of the three villages with more shops and restaurants. St. Christina is smaller and quieter, and Selva is nearer to the Sella Massif.

Have a look at the hotels on offer and choose one you like, rather than worrying too much about which village to choose.

At the end of June there are several events taking place in the valley. On 22/6 is the Sella Ronda Hero mountain bike race, then on 23/6 is the Sella Ronda bike day, where the passes are closed motor vehicles. Also from 22-29/6 is the Volksport week. There will be more people around than normal, but it shouldn't make accommodation much mor difficult to find.

DD

3. Re: Which village is the best to stay in -Val Gardena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 09, 2014