We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

Looking for info on what options if any are available to get from Campeche airport to the centre. Are there colectivos, or buses, or only taxis? If there are buses, what frequency do they run?

Thanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

Just get a taxi - it won't break the bank. I don't personally know the airport but few Mexican airports have local bus services.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

Thanks for your opinion Steve. I was actually hoping for a helpful answer from someone who has been there.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

Well, the reason I answered was because I have never seen any posts on here by anyone who HAS been there. Thought some sort of answer might be better than none - but I apologize if not!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

Perhaps you can be the first to try it and report back. The terminal is only a few hundred feet from a busy road. Walk out and look for a bus heading into town. Wave it down and get on. Most of them swing by the Mercado at some point or another, from there you would be a short walk to the land gate and on into the centro.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

Turned out to be very simple. I did as you suggested and walked out to the street, across the roundabout, and waited on the corner. The bus arrived in a few minutes, cost 5.50mn and took about 20 mins to get to the market, mainly due to them digging up the street! Also passed the ADO station on the way so it would be useful for people just passing through.

Taxi would have been about 40mn, so not too expensive, but for people without luggage the bus is fine.

6. Re: Transport from Campeche airport to centre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, January 31, 2015