We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADO Bus Station Campeche

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
ADO Bus Station Campeche

Hello,

I have been trying to vain to find the ADO bus terminal in Campeche. All the information I've found states that it was moved 'the outskirts of the city'...does anyone have any info on this? I need to find out how far it is to the hotel.

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico
Zona Arquelogica Edzna
Ancient Ruins, Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,216 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

II pass through often and the bus stops there. I cant tell you much but its a good distance from the center. It is on the SW side of town and the address is

Ave. Patricio Trueba de Regil # 237

Dont know if that helps any.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

Thanks very much for your help!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

A slightly different question but related to buses, I will be staying in Campeche for a few days and then must head back to Cancun to get an early morning flight back to the U.S. on a Sat. I have read some on the ADO CAME buses - we will probably do that rather than rent a car. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from Campeche to Cancun - is there any sort of "express" bus that has limited stops? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mentioned in this post
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ado
Ado
570 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

Debbie, return to Cancun on Friday.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

Yes, returning on Friday was my plan, staying overnight Fri. at a hotel near the airport in Cancun. I'm just trying to figure out how long the bus ride is from Campeche to Cancun.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,216 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

To answer your question , it is about 6 1/2 hour bus ride. Most, if not all, ADO buses pass through Merida on the way to Cancun. You can see schedules at www.ado.com.mx

You will see most buses from Campeche indicate ¨Paso¨ , which means the bus originates elsewhere and only makes a Campeche stop. Its better to find one marked ¨Local¨, which originates in Campeche, but few exist. The others are fine but just be aware they may be running a bit late when they reach Campeche, depending on origin.

ust a comment on the two choices for airport hotels. In my opinion, the Courtyard is the best of the two but the Comfort Inn is also good. The thing I do prefer at the Comfort is the fact you can walk to a convenience store or for a taco or something else to eat. At the Courtyard, you are pretty much islolated with nothing within walking distance.

Edited: 5:43 am, August 07, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Merida
Merida
Yucatan, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

Robert - thanks for the insights. I wasn't sure what Local and Paso meant on the ADO web site, so I definitely appreciate the definitions.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

We are in Cancun and have our bus tickets for Campeche for Sunday. We decided to go to Campeche first, then Merida, then back to Cancun. We are on the first class bus and on the paso run. The ADO website says the trip is 8 hours, so I'm assuming a stop or two. Can anyone tell me how many stops, is there an extended stop for lunch or should we bring food and beverages? Any other tips? We have a couple of suitcases which I assume will go under the bus? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico
Merida
Merida
Yucatan, Mexico
Ado
Ado
570 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,216 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

To Campeche from Cancun, you will at least stop in Merida and perhaps another stop in Valladolid. ADO buses are speed regulated, which I like, so a bit longer than by car. They will make no meal stops. I always take food and drink. You will likely have 10 to 15 minutes to run in to buy food or drink in Merida. The driver will announce how much time, in spanish. Pay attention because the drivers dont always do a passenger count before departure.

For the suitcases, you can check 30 minutes before in the terminal or by the bus as you board. But I prefer in the terminal. You will get a claim check. Its very safe . I have never had a problem.

Edited: 1:38 pm, October 19, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Merida
Merida
Yucatan, Mexico
Valladolid
Valladolid
Yucatan, Mexico
Ado
Ado
570 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
14 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ADO Bus Station Campeche

Thanks again Robert for your helpful info. We may ask our hotel to pack us a picnic lunch before checking out. Any insights on getting a taxi at the bus station in Campeche? Are they metered or do. Need to agree on a price before getting in? We will be heading to the old town section of Campeche - Hotel Castelmar.

Edited: 4:49 pm, October 19, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Campeche
Campeche
Campeche, Mexico