We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

Explore Little Bay in Jamaica.

This area is so much the quiet, restful place for vacationers searching for rejuvination and peace.

The sea laps mostly quietly here and beckons to you to " soon come " and then stay a while.

Geat a chair ---find a hammock---spread a beach towel and rest yourself on the quiet white sands of Little bay.

54 replies to this topic
Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

"rastagirl----the point is that I DO UNDERSTAND--the backstory and its dangers of a few years back.. It seems ( and please don't take offense ) that the situation has "stewed" so much --that some cannot understand the depth of those DEEP feelings OF that understanding."

No...I don't think you really do. Sure you were "told" the "story" from one point of view of what happened not even FIVE years ago....but THREE years ago and again just LAST year...this is not a story that happened at ONE particular time but over a long period of time, longer even than FIVE years ago.

For example....you don't seem to "get" that Uncle Sam was murdered THREE years ago in a completely UNRELATED incident to your "story".

"I know its history.....but I see its future...and the future is what I am looking to --not the past and the storys there of."

Arrogance among tourists such as this just irks me. Nothing is EVER what it seems there are 10 sides to each story you hear in Jamaica and believe you me, the more you get to know people there the more stories you'll hear and the more filled in you will be on that town's history. As far as future - what do YOU see as this little town's FUTURE? Have you considered that it is SO not easy to get to - which is why it has not changed much in the past 30-40 years?????? What do you envision? Big hotels? Guest houses? Restaurants? A tourist mecca? The allure of Little Bay, at least to me was the quiet, non-tourist vibe it always held. What do YOU think YOU can do for its FUTURE?

You have not discovered anything new. Little Bay has been a quaint, beautiful fishing village for decades - when I first started going there 20 years ago, not many tourists ventured there. We did our part in turning on other tourists and visitors to Negril to Little Bay via our trail bike rides and full moon celebrations. Our group put a lot of money into the local community hands. Uncle Sam's Annual Donkey Races brought VAN LOADS of tourists from Negril into Little Bay for a fantastically fun day the first Sunday of February every year until he was murdered. Now, that great event that brought visitors and money to the area is finished.

However, nuff people saw what they saw and returned. And that's a good thing.

So I will say it once again - folks - take a day trip to Little Bay. A private taxi will cost you around 1500JMD. When you arrive you'll see many local boys out and about....go with your instinct and pick one of them to pay to show you around the town. Like any other place in the world, you don't want to be wandering about looking lost especially in a place as remote as this one. Plus, you're money will be well spent as these kids can take you places you won't just "bump" into wandering about by yourself.

Enjoy and be safe.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

My edit button ran out but I just had to comment on a couple of things you said in your last post WANATRAV:

"and though you guys have lived there or shacked up there dosen't put you in the position to speak for everyone."

I'm thinking you might have a reading comprehension problem.

With emphasis: I HAVE NEVER, NOR WILL I EVER, LIVE OR "SHACK UP" IN LITTLE BAY. I HAVE HAD GREAT FRIENDS WHO LIVE OR LIVED THERE. I HAVE BEEN A REGULAR VISITOR THERE SINCE 1995. I HAVE NEVER HAD A LOVER THERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN JAMAICA.

Look, I've said this a MILLION times in my posts but you choose to ignore it.

And again - with your arrogant belief that you DO UNDERSTAND the situation there.....you don't. I don't. Neither of us will ever get the true or clear story of what has happened and what WILL STILL happen there or anywhere we do not live full time.

You have shone the negative light on Little Bay - not me and not Bushgirl. Reread my posts CAREFULLY. 3/4 of each story is about the most wonderful times spent there - but every story has an ending and not always a pleasant one.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

"I'm thinking you might have a reading comprehension problem"

Ding-ding-ding...we have a winner!

Fruitland, Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

What are some good cheap places to eat around here?

I will be staying at the little bay cabins in June

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

You will be in the country ---and this is NOT the place that is busy and has lots of eating variations.

Consider on the days that you venture out---your driver will be able to take you to places that you want to visit to check out the local eateries...but this will not be in little Bay itself.

If you signed up using the sale on Living Social the special includes breakfast with eggs.

You can also get a AI service for the meal portion for around $30.00 per person. This would include meals featuring chicken ,beef fish etc............You can sign up for the AI once you get to Litlle Bay Cabins.

I found that I was off property a lot --so I ate out when I was out --always took breakfast and asked for a late dinner so if I returned full at 5pm ---I could plan on having a later dinner at night .

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

Is there a refrigerator in the cabins? If so, is there a place to buy simple things like drinks, water, snacks, alcohol? Sounds like a great place. May want to try it instead of Negril one day. I am refering to Little Bay Cabins. Also, how much are the drinks on site approximetly??? Thanks for the info!

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

Wow...after reading these posts I'm a little apprehensive about travelling there. Oh well...stay is already booked.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

NO refrigerators .

Sorry you didn't read up before you booked !!

Hope it turns out to be enjoyable for you SomersSKI !

Sheila MIke --they have a bar, a place to eat and a small place selling things...but if you want particular things have your driver stop at a store on your way in.

This is a out of the way location... You will not be walking to a grocery store here..........

You CAN do that--walk to stores -- in NEGRIL !

Edited: 6:25 pm, January 16, 2013
Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

Actually, I DID read up on the cabins, the area and everything about it. My apprehension is due to the fact that a man was murdered in the area and disappeared off the face of the earth. That, I did not read up on.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........

Somers- Little Bay Cabins is fairly off the beaten path even from Little Bay itself, lol. You won't be in danger there. I toured the property a couple of months ago and its lovely. I wouldn't go out walking alone, take a guide....things have calmed down a bit in Little Bay but still, better safe than sorry.

Reply to: For those of you that want peace and gentle vibes.........
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Little Bay