We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

My wife, and I love the french culture, so Saint-Martin is perfcet for us! We are having a problem where to get a vacation rental? We want a nice beach to hangout at, a place with lots of food options (especially French), grocery stores (so we can cook at our rental) boulangeries, and all being a resonable walking distance. We have an 8-month daughter traveling with us so probably somwhere NOT to crazy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Our travel dates are 4/12/14-4/19/14. Thanks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

If walking distance is a priority, I would say Grand Case would fulfill all your wants or Orient Village rentals (see VRBO.com or Homeaway). I would still recommend having a rental car to experience the island fully and to make life easier for shopping,etc.

Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

I agree with markushu. My husband and I stayed on Baie Nettle last year, and you definitely won't find what you're looking for there. It's just not really a beach to hang out at, in my opinion.

Elm Grove, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
115 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

sunsea.com/residence-atlantide-grand-case-en…

We stayed here in 2012, it is right on the beach and very close to all the amenities. There is a cooktop and fridge but no oven. We did not need a car, it was very relaxing!

Elmira, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

Call the people from carimo.com! We've worked with them for the past 15 years on each and everyone of our trips! They can tell you where everything is located and which property would be best for your needs. We absolutely love them and if you're looking for condos - they have the best!

5. Re: Where to stay, Baie Nettle, Grand Case, Orient Bay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin