We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi rates

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
61 posts
54 reviews
62 helpful votes
taxi rates

I have a question about taxi rates in St Martin. BUT before anyone posts a link to it here's the link to the taxi rate sheet just so you know that I know about it: taxistmaarten.com/images/files/Rate_Sheet.pdf

My question is more specific. We're staying in Orient Bay and will most likely spend a day (or even 2 if we like it) at Pinel island. We plan on drinking while at Pinel so we'd would like to take a taxi. According to this taxi rate sheet it would cost me $18 one way ($36 round trip) to go from where we're staying to cul de sac. Do rates change if you're close to these borders of the sections? Or would this be $18 for 2 miles(4.3 km)?!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,476 posts
13 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: taxi rates

It would seem you are correct - $18.00 - rates are based upon "zones", a lot to pay for such a short ride I agree. I'm not sure if the bus goes to the pier from Orient - you should inquire at your hotel or strik up a conversation with someone at one of the beach bars (employees) to get some information.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
109 reviews
76 helpful votes
2. Re: taxi rates

link is broken - whats the 2013 link for taxi? thanks

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,476 posts
13 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: taxi rates

The website is down at this time but you may see the chart on TTOL..

-----------------------------------

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php…

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
109 reviews
76 helpful votes
4. Re: taxi rates

they say thats a 2010 chart - are the rates the same?

who in st martin issues the rate chart?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,476 posts
13 reviews
28 helpful votes
5. Re: taxi rates

The Dutch Sint Maarten Taxi Association - they cover both sides and charge in USD. I doubt the rates have changed much since 2010.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
109 reviews
76 helpful votes
6. Re: taxi rates

I e mailed the airport, and taxi association, will let u know

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
7. Re: taxi rates

Here's 2011. The website for 2011 rates, which don't change too often.

st-martin-vacation.com/IconsandGifs/taxi-far…

Neptune, New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
84 reviews
62 helpful votes
8. Re: taxi rates

Thanks for posting, will be headed there in late April this year. I've done searching as well, and the most recent list I can find is the one revised Dec. 1, 2010. First trip in 2012, they were still the same. Now, call me crazy but I do find it a little hard to believe there hasn't been any change in 3+ years, considering fuel cost, labor cost, and fleet maintenance (for example, I've seen increases for NYC subway and PATH in that time). Are current printed lists available at the airport or otherwise? Updated info makes it better for all parties; First, I don't want to look like a fool and try to underpay the services. And, while I think they're few and far between, a few will try to overcharge. Only one from experience was a cab back to Orient from Philipsburg, I asked the driver if I had the correct fare and got the shoulder shrug, then I pulled out my list and he said it was.

Cape Canaveral...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
9. Re: taxi rates

LOL. You can usually pick up the latest taxi rate sheet in the airport. The last time I was their, they also had a large poster of one near the taxis. If they still have it up, you can take a pic and have it in your phone. There's also usually one in the tourist magazines. We're heading there in a couple of weeks. I'll post a copy if I'm able to get one.

Brooklyn, New York
4 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
10. Re: taxi rates

Can anyone chime in please. Have a vacation booked for Radison Blu in Anse Marcel, and debating on taking a cab or renting a car at the airport. Heard scary stories about the cab being 50$ pp and more I am traveling with wife and child.

How much is the actual cab price from the Juliana airport in phillisburg to my hotel? And did the taxi chart prices really not change from 2011?