We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

providence
Level Contributor
99 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

Please give your opinions, experience and costs per person. Looking at Scoobidoo Catamarans or Top Secret tours..Anyone have any experience with these or others? Pretty much looking for a tour that would include Pinel Island and take us to some hidden gems around the island; several hrs worth 3-4 hrs. Snorkeling not necessary. Food and bevys would be nice. We want something convenient to Orient Beach as we are staying there. I realize the closest pier is prob in grand case. We will be there end of May! Thanks!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

I don't have any experience with either of those tours. However, you can go to Pinel Island on your on, via ferry, for something around $7/person. There are a few restaurants on the island-- you can eat there or bring a cooler with snacks. You don't need a tour for that one! I have taken the day sail to Prickly Pear through AquaMania in Simpson Bay- it was awesome. The price was around $100/person-- includes drinks, snacks, and lunch. I also took a day sail for snorkeling to Creole Rock and Tintimarre. Also a great trip for about the same price.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

The 6 hour Captain Alan Three Island Tour is exactly what you are looking for! You stop at various islands for the beach and snorkelling and have lunch at Pinel Island. They can organize a shuttle to pick you up in Orient Bay as the tour departs from Oyster Pond which isn't far from Orient.

Out of all the tours, this one fits your description and needs the most. Here is the link: sxmdeals.com/activities/…

The link is for the 4 hour tour which doesn't include lunch but just ask for the 6 hour tour and they will put you on that one! Good luck!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
255 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

As far as I know, no catamaran tour includes Pinel Island. Pinel Island is either 1) Take the ferry over frrom Cul de Sac or 2) kayak over. I have seen motor boats arriving, but I'm not sure if these are tour boats. From Orient beach the Tiko Tiko catamaran sails to Tintamarre and has an around the island tour. Food and beverages are included and no pressure to snorkel. It is clothing optional FYI, and I realize some people are not comfortable with this, but it is a great tour and you meet the nicest people. Also Captain Alain's tours are great and Oyster pond is only 15-20 minutes from Orient Beach. We have also taken the Tango from the Dutch side, through Aqua Mania adventures and that is a lot of fun.

Edited: 6:34 am, March 26, 2013
NC
Level Contributor
849 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

I also recommend Captain Alan. We went with him in December for our adventure and it was wonderful!! It even included lunch and beverages.....including Carib beer, which my husband loves!

5. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:57 am, May 26, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

If you want a tour and boat that goes to Pinel island then you should do the Pirate Beach And Snorkel tour that leaves from Philipsburg.

You stop at Pinel Island for a BBQ lunch while visiting Tintamarre and Creole Rock. The tour is 6 hours and $99. You can find out more about the tour here: sxmdeals.com/activities/…

Otherwise, I am not aware of any catamaran tour that goes to Pinel Island unless it is a private charter.

Have a great vacation in SXM!

7. Re: Looking for Insight on st. martin boat tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin