We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

78 Dawns Beach rental villa

Winnipeg,Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
78 Dawns Beach rental villa

I was one of the 8 people that stayed at this rental from Mar.10/10 to mar 24 /10.Please see post dated 31 Mar/10 for a true picture of what you are getting,thanks

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

We have also had a bad experience with the owner and his office manager. These folks seem to be inflexible and unconcerned with concerns voiced by their renters. I will not be staying at their properties on the island again. Ever.

Be forewarned. Do your research!

Vestal, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

I responded to your post and just am curious - how was your vacation at #78??

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

I am searching to purchase a villa on Saint Martin this week while on island.

we currently own property in Dawn Beach.

we visited both this owners properties this week; both 78 Dawn, not "s" on Dawn and LaPerla.

They are both in need of total restoration, not cosmetics. That ship sailed several years ago. Yet he has them on the market for $1.4 and $2.7 Million.

This is serious delusion!

Both these properties have great potential. In their day they were special i am certain after having been inside them.

There are many great rentals available island wide which are far superior to these run down ghetto places.

Research before you rent and or buy. Dont be fooled by the hype and crap on his personal website. The information there is many, many years old. also many of his hot links are out dated and no longer valid. Enough said! Move on!!!

Mentioned in this post
Dawn Beach
Dawn Beach
500 Reviews
St Martin / St Maarten
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

This place is a dump. Stay far away. We just got back in early 2012. Many of the things we read from previous reviewers still have not been fixed. Ourrentalparadise.com does not care about their customers. They only want your money. Renter Beware. Stay far away. Dirty furniture, ants throughout the house, exposed wires hanging from ceiling, terrible mattresses and much more. What a huge disappointment. They advertise on their website that this is a Luxury House. Well, they need a lesson in luxury. A decent mattress, furniture that doesn't have dirty/torn slip covers is not considered luxury. We traveled far and spend our 3 years worth of vacation money on this vacation. I feel like we were scammed. We're going to contact the BBB about www.ourrentalparadise.com Last time I checked that is called False Advertising!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

I am just curious,,, with so many bad reviewson here, why would you rent from them. I am sorry if you rented before seeing them. We had a bad experience with them as well. Fortunately, we were able to cancel before we went. It was very difficult getting our refund back. It is too bad that nothing more can be done to prevent them from disspointing more people like yourself.

We ended up renting a villa with Robbin at St. Maarten Reservation Center and had an absolute wonderful time and the Villa was beautiful! I would highly recommend them.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

Wow. I just happened upon these comments as i was looking to see if the owners of this place had a house in another location i was going to visit. I stayed here in 2005 and it was one of the nicest homes we have ever rented. A that time they were just remodeling La Perla and we even went to that house and talked to Susan one of the owners (who has since passed away). I loved staying there and would have recommended it to anybody. They were very accomodating to my family as we had to change our reservation due to an illness in the family. I really cannot believe the negative comments I have read on here. There must have been some major setbacks within their organization because at the time I was there everything was perfect. We had a lovely property manger come and check us in and even gave me her cell phone to use as our rental vehicle had broken down and we needed to phone around the island. I'm really just surprised. Glad I had a good experience.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

Hi! Just seeing your post on tripadvisor a year later:) I don't get on here much. My mistake for not researching the address ahead of time! It's as simple as that. I'll never make that mistake again. Yes, I'm sorry we did not see your posts first. But regardless of the dump we stayed in we did enjoy our 2 weeks in St. Martin. It was a beautiful island!

Mentioned in this post
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

We did hear on the island that after Susan passed away the properties went down hill. Unfortunately her husband doesn't take care of them like she did.

29. Re: 78 Dawns Beach rental villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin