We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Dahinda
5 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

What is the best car rental company on St Marrten?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,673 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

There are many fine rental agencies on the island - we like Hertz Sint Maarten for selections and service.

================

http://hertz.sxmrentacar.com/

2. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, December 31, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Hi. we used leisure car rental, its right at the airport. no hassle or fuss, great service. although i suppose any at the airport would be good. i just dont like the bus routine to some where else. this way you drop it off at the airport too.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,245 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

nyra_g8 is self promoting....so not likely to say they are 'really bad'

western new england
Level Contributor
40 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

I have used Unity several times and have never had a problem.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

I'm with Bobcat. Been using Hertz for over 13+ years with no issues.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

There are a number of very good local places that get good reviews. We've used Unity in the past and Leisure our last two trips. Email several for quotes, they want your business. Leisure (there are also others) meets you with car right at airport and for our most recent Oct rental they had the paperwork all filled out with dings already marked in, took about a minute and we were ready to go. They also meet you at airport when returning the car and I've found Leisure to be very responsive to emails.

Edited: 1:02 pm, December 31, 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental

We have used Safari rental in the past.We are again going in April and will use them again..Close to airport as others and van takes ou to the cars..Glenn

9. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:27 am, February 17, 2014
Payson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental

We just returned from st. Maarten again after 3 weeks stay. We got to ride out Hurricane Gonzalo and found driving around the island gave us a chance to see parts we have not seen before due to road blocks and closures. Our hearts go out to all those affected! We love this island and the people who live here.

We again used Lesley Bruce from Kenny's car rental and you can check his prices and availability at bruce@sintmaarten.net. This is the 3rd year we have rented from him. He sold me the first year when he picked us up at the airport and I said I needed to take photos of the outside of the car as it was a little dinged up. He said that he knew we would put a few dings in it on these roads, just don't bring it back damaged. We broke down due to the alternator going out and he put us in one of his newest cars. The next year, we got a great car and same story about not damaging it. I locked my keys in the trunk and he came all the way over to Grand Case to bring me spare keys. He left it up to me how much to pay him for his time and travel.

This year, he had fallen from his second floor deck, so his wife took care of us. We had a great intermediate car for the 3 weeks and our friends had a subcompact car from another rental company for 2 weeks and they paid more. They wish they had rented from Lesley. Who ever you rent from, the driving is not bad on the island and some people we meet said that they were told they had to have a 4x4 to rent for driving and I don't know where you would get to use a 4x4 as driving on any beach is illegal, so don't waist your money. Have fun! GWH