We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

touring st. maarten

new hampshire
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
touring st. maarten

staying at the sonesta great bay would like one day to rent a jeep and travel the island any suggestions?

Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: touring st. maarten

Hertz by the pier was excellent. Rented a jeep $100 included GPS. We were coming from a ship.

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: touring st. maarten

Is your question in regards to renting the car or what you should do? If the latter, I would recommend keeping the car for longer and exploring...LOTS of great areas, restaurants and beaches all over the island. I would head up to Grand Case for dinner...tons of cute restaurants (but hard to find so get directions). Orient Beach is great. We also did a trip over to Pinel Island....you park at Cul de Sac and take a 5 minute ferry ($7) to a small private island. Beautiful, 2 restaurants with excellent (but a tad pricey) food...though if you want to splurge and watch your lobster taken right out of the ocean to your table, its great!). Wasn't impressed with Marigot...kind of a ghost town...Phillipsburg is much better.

Big Bear City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: touring st. maarten

You be better off renting for more than a day. Empress car rental is probably the best value on the island. Suggestions where to go? Not sure where to start, there's so much to see and do. I guess it depends on your interests. Loterie farm is a spa set in a lush forest with zip lines, Orient Beach (eat at Andy&Cheryls) is worth seeing. Grand Case has some of the best restaurants you can find. The market in Marigot on Wednesdays is interesting (there are great restaurants there as well). The first time I came her, I rented a car and started driving around, exploring the island. To me that was the best way to experience this beautiful place.

4. Re: touring st. maarten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten