We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zip lining lotterie farm

Woodbridge, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
zip lining lotterie farm

I understand there is a zip line near lotterie farm. Is it safe. Are there any cirme problems in the area or at the end of the line?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

The course has you end right where you began. It's kind of a rural location, but so worth the trip. There is bar/cafe there as well. I would however suggest putting a pair of work gloves in your luggage. Their gloves are bit tired and dirty. Completely safe out there, I wouldn't worry about crimeout there any more than you would anywhere else on the island which is from my experience low.

Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

If you have the chance to go zip lining at Loterie Farm, do it. The Extreme Fly Zone is the best zip lining I've ever experienced (2ish hours long, incredible views, excellent guide). Of course the lines end with rum punch. :)

We never felt unsafe while at Loterie Farm. It is definitely an oasis at the top of the mountains!

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

search zip lining on st martin because there are oodles of remarks about this place, or do lotterie farms. my spelling is not right i think. i have posted a lot pictures on the place.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

Is there a big difference between the extreme and the regular zip line experience?

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
84 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

Hi. the extreme zip line obstacle course takes about 2 hours also cost a little more. its more than just getting in a harness and zipping down. It includes walking on a cable about 40 yards a couple times, a couple rope bridges where you have to walk on boards about a foot apart. the regular zip skips all this obstacle stuff and is shorter and cheaper. the guide told us that once you get started on the extreme course there is NO turning back. you are committed to finish. If you are in any kind of shape you should be able to do it. I was 66 and am fairly active. You are always teathered to a safety line so you will not fall more than a couple feet. good luck. alan

San Diego
Level Contributor
124 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

Alan - we did the non-extreme (regular) zip-line course this past June.

This course also includes walking between zip stations on boards, wires, etc.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

Are there things to do for people who do not want to do the zip lining? Or should only those who want to go make the trek out there? Are there taxi's or busses that go there?

San Diego
Level Contributor
124 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

Don't know if there are buses or taxis...

They do have a restaurant that has amazing food (Hidden Forest Cafe).

They have a tapas bar area for appetizers.

They also have a pool area, but you have to pay (I think it was equivalent to $18 per person)

Chapel Hill.nc
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

Very good restaurant and they have put in a pool which looks VERY VERY nice but we did not use it so I am not sure of the cost. The nature hike is a pretty good hike, you can do the 1 hour or 2 hour version. It is self guided and note that it is a hike not a nature walk so wear GOOD shoes. Safety was never a concern for us and I am very cautious when travelling. Good luck and have fun... p.s. no zip lining for us it is not our thing.. pps I am from North Carolina and if not for the palm/mango trees there are times you feel like you are on the Blue Ridge parkway a definite difference from the rest of the island also a taxi should not be a problem

Edited: 3:55 pm, July 15, 2013
10. Re: zip lining lotterie farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 17, 2014